1 year for warranty replacements, right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btownguy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502a

I just watched my bumper-ed iPhone 4 go from 5 bars to 1 bar and back to 5 bars while sitting on my desk untouched. This has been consistent since I've owned the phone. I'm thinking I'd like to get it replaced. I know the time window for returns is 2 weeks but I want to continue to be an iPhone 4 user...just with one that works. My thoughts are to wait a while and then contact Apple Support for a replacement but I don't want to get outside of whatever window allows me to do that. So, is the 14-day thing just for returns/refunds? The phone is under warranty for a year, right?

2. Espo macrumors 6502

Yes you have one year. So if you just so happen to have the same issue in a month or so from now, Apple will replace the phone assuming they consider it an issue.

3. pbateman macrumors 6502

I thought it was 30 days for return? Can someone confirm? If it is 2 weeks im running out of time.....

4. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

it is 30 days for return... he's talking about exchanges

5. bat95132 macrumors member

1) Apple store policy is a 14-Day return window. There is NO 30 days return policy at Apple. Maybe their resellers but not apple direct.

2) Yes, exchange is 1 year from date of purchase if there is a warranty issue which can be confirmed by a store.

6. pbateman macrumors 6502

I just saw this on the apple page....not sure if this is only for online orders?

iPhone Return Policy

If you are not satisfied with your iPhone purchase, please visit online Order Status or call 1-800-676-2775 to request a return. The iPhone must be returned to our warehouse within 30 calendar days from shipment to avoid an $175 early termination fee. The iPhone must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation.

Apple will assess a 10% restocking fee on any opened iPhone. Shipping fees are not refundable.