1 year limited warranty + Applecare internationally

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by windstarfy, Jan 15, 2009.

1. windstarfy macrumors member

windstarfy

Okay. My Macbook Pro finally has the 'Prepared for Shipment' tag as the order status. Soon it'll be here! (2-3 days)

Basically I have bought this via the Hong Kong Apple store, thanks to relatives living in Hong Kong. I live in New Zealand so I'll be using it there.

For the 1 year limited warranty, do they tend to care less about you if you have a laptop bought from another country?

Is this the same with Applecare? (I'll get mine off eBay)

So for example, if there is a defect or something, like keys stop working properly, fans stop working, hard drive fails, lcd with noticeable bright pixels etc, would they be covered via the 1 year limited warranty or would I have to get Applecare for them to really care?

If there is a defect would they fix it or do they send it back to the country where it was purchased?

There are no Apple stores in New Zealand, apart from authorised resellers. If I do come across trouble with the computer, I'll have to contact the distributor for New Zealand.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Nope, your basic warranty will take care of any hardware problems for one year, no matter where you bought it. It's also valid at any certified Apple retailer. You don't need to take it to an Apple store or send it off.

3. windstarfy thread starter macrumors member

windstarfy

So if I have any problems with the computer, I can just walk into anywhere with the 'Apple Authorised Reseller' label and enquire about my faulty Macbook? Do they fix them there or do they know where to send it to get it fixed?

Or should I be looking for something like along the likes of 'Apple Authorised Service Center'?

4. akbc macrumors 6502

Yes, you will take them into 'Apple Authorized Service Provider'.
    There, you will inquire about your MBP's problem, and they'll usually order needed parts for you and fix it in the depot.
    Usually some important parts might be in stock already, so sometimes they fix it real fast.

You can find the closest one to you by using THIS LINK.
    Or you can use THIS LINK for closest one in New Zealand.

I hope this helps out, congrats on your purchase and enjoy your new MacBook Pro :)