1 year now, how is your battery life?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cdembek, Mar 13, 2011.

1. cdembek macrumors regular

Got my iPad (1st gen) the weekend it was launched which is almost a year now. The iPad is used for at least 5 hours every day.

So for you first generation iPad owner going on 1 year, how is the battery life now?

I know for myself the battery dent last as long, but have not benched marked it yet.

2. Saberj macrumors regular

I use mine pretty heavily. A few hours per day. Maybe 3 or so. But never for heavier things like videos. And I still get more than 10 hours from a charge. It lasts me 3-4 days with that sort of usage. If I end up not using it much, it often goes a week or more between charges. Couldn't be happier. We'll see how my iPad 2 does with 3G instead of wifi.

3. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

same here..solid usage everyday and battery life is still as day one

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Launch Day iPad 1 - iOS 3.2 (Original OS with Spirit JB) with Daily Usage, hooking up usb Dongles and Audio Interfaces Powered by iPad. Battery is like Day 1.

5. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I never benchmarked mine. Not on Day 1, and not today. However, I have felt zero degradation over the past year or so. And I tax my iPad extremely heavily (see my signature). My usage hasn't decreased either. If anything it's increased over time...

6. sanford macrumors 65816

A-okay fine. No perceptible difference from day one, with daily use.

7. maliu macrumors 6502a

Battery life is great!

Just yesterday I was glued to the iPad most of the day looking for news about Japan and the nuclear power plants. I woke at 6 am and the iPad shut off due to low battery at 2% at about 7pm. It was in use at least 10 hours. This use was mostly web browsing both at home and using a MIFI2200. Got my iPad 4/28 on launch day.......your mileage may vary.

8. cole01 macrumors 6502

My battery life is still great! I'm still very impressed with the performance of my launch day iPad. :apple:

9. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I use mine most days and get 3 or so days battery from it. If I start watching video's the life drops dramatically.

10. viriiguy macrumors newbie

I have used mine constantly since day 1. I tax mine very VERY heavily, as I use the iPad to do 90% of my job. I am an IT Consultant, who manages the Domains, Servers and Workstations for several medium to large companies. I use the iPad for several Exchange accounts, which monitor my servers and networks health. I remote into workstations to correct errors, type up proposals, surf.. watch netflix and various other data intensive roles..

I got about 6 hours on day one, So I bought a second iPad to help me get to the end of the day. On my MacBook Pro, I get about 1 hour of battery, so carrying two iPads, versus one laptop is a Win!!

Also buying two versus one laptop is a win!

Today I still get 6 hours. I expect with my new iPad 2, I will actually get more time out of the battery, as I will not be taxing the CPU quite so hard.

11. rvdparis macrumors newbie

Is there an app for this?

Hi, I had asked this question a few days ago, with no replies...

Is there an app for this? In other words, has someone come up with an app that measures the battery cycles that your iPad currently has or its true depletion level?

If not, it's wide open for a developer, no? This software already exists for OSX...

12. bmat macrumors 6502

Wow -- two iPads for the extra juice. Cool. Did you synch them then as identical machines? I didn't realize that could be done.

As to the original Q -- I hadn't noticed a decline in battery life, and my usage has remained pretty constant over the course of the past year. Basically, it gets me through the day with 30 to 50% remaining still. But I still charge every night.