1 year old MacBook Pro Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolax, Aug 21, 2008.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I'm lucky to get an hour and 20 minutes these days. I understand batteries deteriorate over time, but for a year old battery to drop that much? The health of the battery is supposedly "good". Right now I'm on 40%, and I'm getting 40 minutes. That is with everything on idle.

I've calibrated the battery a few times this month. I'm disappointed how quickly it has lost its charge - just back in the end of June it was retaining over 2 hours worth. Now it barley makes it over an hour.

[​IMG]

2. iGary Guest

iGary

613 cycles is a lot in a year.

I have 56 cycles on the MBP in my sig, which is 9 months old.

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

I assume that is 613 'charged to discharged' cycles? I do use it on battery quite a lot (at University), but I didn't think it would be that much!

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Yep. I'm not sure what the exact rating of the batteries are in cycles, but you're close. Time for a new one. You can always keep the other for a spare to get you an extra bit of time.

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Is it possible having a battery with such a bad charge capacity would have an impact on performance/heat? It is a wild question to throw out there, but whenever I charge my MBP, the fans seem to come on full blast a lot of the time for no apparent reason.

I'm really considering selling this and replacing it when the next gen MacBook Pro. How much would you reckon (if I replaced the battery) would it resell for? It still has an extra year's warranty with the retailer I bought it from.