1-Year Warranty for Canadian iPhone Users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by broozes, Jan 8, 2009.

1. broozes macrumors newbie

Does this warranty come with apple itself, or do you have to go through your phone service provider (ex. Fido, Rogers).

And does a broken silent on/off switch on the side, warrant for a return, or does this fall under "physical" damage? By broken, I mean the chrome piece came off the switch so I can't toggle between silent and on, unless I use something small and sharp to flip the switch.

I would like to know because if I can return this to a apple store near me for a brand new one it would be nice.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    The warranty is through apple. I'm sure your provider offers insurance too though if you pay for it. I think your "defect" sounds like a good reason to take it to an apple store, and try to get it replaced.

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

4. broozes thread starter macrumors newbie

How will apple know that I have a 1 year warranty with an iPhone? I don't have any receipts from Fido because I ordered it over the phone onto my Fido account. So the purchase and payment did not include Apple, unless Fido forwards my information to Apple when I purchased the iPhone?