10.0.2 not compatible with my 7 Plus?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by ctbear, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ctbear macrumors 6502a

I tried to install the OTA 10.0.2 update and it put my phone into recovery (similar to what happened to a lot of phones when iOS 10 came out). I tried all troubleshooting and update/restore guides and could not get it out of recovery. Eventually I gave up and scheduled a Genius Bar appointment.

Then just a while ago I figured I should try manually restoring 10.0.1 instead, and it restored fine. I am now too defeated to try the update again, so I just went ahead and restored my iCloud backup.

Is anyone else seeing something similar? This is making me very hesitant to apply any future updates.

For reference I was getting error code -1 on my Windows PC and 6 on my MacBook. I made sure to use the original lightning cable and tried different USB ports.

2. chrfr macrumors 604

Of course 10.0.2 is compatible with the 7+. Just download the update through the Software Update function on your phone.

3. ctbear thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand that. However I did mention that it doesn't install at all on my phone while it works fine for others, hence I am wondering if there are some sort of hardware revisions that don't work well with the update.

4. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Try upgrading to a phone that isn't so outdated. :p

5. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Try using the update feature in iTunes rather than over the air. That may fix it for you. While not pleasant, these sorts of things are not frequent (iOS 10 day aside). Glad you were able to get back to 10.0.1 in any event.

6. ctbear thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried all the update method I knew of and they all failed. This included DFU restore which I thought was the ultimate solution.

But yes I was quite relieved when 10.0.1 restored fine. At least I have a working phone again.

7. chrfr macrumors 604

If that's the case, I would contact Apple and make arrangements to exchange the phone.

8. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG