10.0 and 10.1: What Systems Can Run Them?

AmestrisXServe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
I have lists of systems that can run 10.3 and above, but I can't seem to find my notes on what systems can run 10.1, 10.1, and to a degree, 10.2.

I was trying to load 10.1 onto an 800MHz Titanium, and it repeatedly refused, so I am guessing that 10.1 can't handle the Open Firmware version on the later (DVI) Titanium models.

Does anyone have the old reference sheets on what models are compatible with specific releases?

Before you ask, no, I do not mean for 10.1 to be a primary OS on this system. I am working on a Netboot and NetInstall library, and was using the Titanium to test a NetInstall.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
Does anyone have the old reference sheets on what models are compatible with specific releases?

I think you might be able to get that info from EveryMac.com. It looks like maybe you need 10.1.4 or later for your Ti.

Here's the page I reference that links to individual systems and their 'installed' OS:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/index-apple-specs-applespec.html

Anyway, I am sure someone here knows every detail and will post it as well in a nice orderly list at some point :D

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
10.1 Puma won't boot on 900 MHz G3 iBooks, I don't know why, but it only gets to the spinning wheel and freezes. That's all I know about Puma :)

AmestrisXServe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
10.1 Puma won't boot on 900 MHz G3 iBooks, I don't know why, but it only gets to the spinning wheel and freezes. That's all I know about Puma :)
Correct: It does the same on the Titanium that I tried.

The reason is that the OS drivers and libraries do not have the information needed for the components and firmware of a system newer than the OS version. Information on that topic.

I found the refsheet.

AmestrisXServe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Don't worry about it mates, I found the refsheet that I had difficulty locating, as I mentioned above.