10 000 chin-ups for macrumors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. lax, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

i liked the idea of the last thread, i'll start.

grand total: 25

good luck

2. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Let's quit doing these threads until we have finished the pushup one....

Plus, i'm not too sure what a chin-up is :p

Like a pull-up?

3. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

*A chin up is palms backward, pull up is palms forward, and are generally harder to do.

4. Mr. lax thread starter macrumors 6502

We did finish the last one, the thread starter just increased the amount x5

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ah, thank you.

I've actually been in the market for a chin-up, pull-up bar. Anyone know a good, cheap brand that can easily mount to a wall?

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

In all seriousness, we don't need all of these threads. The push-up one was interesting. But now all of these knockoffs are just starting to seem cheesy and, to be honest, fake. I don't think that we need more than one of these thread types active at a time.

7. Mr. lax thread starter macrumors 6502

That's ok with me, but i shotgun once we finish. If theres a way to close (then re-open) this thread please feel free to do so mods

8. Mr. lax thread starter macrumors 6502

i just used an old pipe i found and hung it from rafter in the garage

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you dont have to read them if you dont like them

if anything, it encourages people to to chin-ups or push-up etc

i might make a thread 10000 miles ran for macrumors!

10. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I know that I don't have to read them, but ever since the pushups one had begun to near completion (and then did), dozens more of these thread types have been popping up and it seems like they are just starting to fill up the New Posts and Forum Spy lists. Once people start copying the idea with dozens of threads, they become less interesting, and fewer people become involved with them.

If the "Post Your Setup Threads" were divided into threads by product (which was attempted last year but eventually stopped by the mods), then just think about how many threads we would have, how hard they would be to follow, and how many people would be distracted from and eventually lose interest in the main thread. I know that it is not exactly the best comparison, but it just shows how the overall interest in these threads would be lost, and how the sheer number of these threads would just become a nuisance to everybody else here.

[/rant]
    Please don't flame me for this, I am not trying to start an argument, it is just how I feel about what the future of these threads will be. If people are actually interested in a chin-up thread, then be my guest and ignore my post entirely. But I just feel that if these threads are multiplied by the magnitudes, then the overall interest will be lost.

11. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

That many? :eek:

12. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I think the Nike + thread already covers this one :p that might actually get deleted/wastelanded.

Anyways I'd love to do chin-ups however I don't have a single bar or anything I could use here at Uni, that is without looking like a douche.