10.10.2 - wifi issues any better?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by karansaraf, Apr 5, 2015.

1. karansaraf macrumors regular

I have a Mid 2013 15" Retina MBP

First upgraded to Yosemite when it came out basically. Issues:

10.10.0 = no "problems" with wi-fi per se (at least, no connection problems). I did however notice that whilst torrents downloaded just as fast as previously, connecting to websites was a lot slower than normal (I'm talking seconds, as opposed to almost instantaneously with Mavericks).

Then I upgraded to 10.10.1 = major wi-fi problems. Sometimes just wouldn't connect to the home network any more, unless I restarted the computer. Often (and I mean VERY frequently) even though it was connected, it would just drop the connection and I would have to manually reconnect, only for it to drop seconds later. This was completely unbearable (and unnacceptable), so I clean installed back to 10.10.0 again, and just made do with the slow loading websites.

Now I'm thinking if I should upgrade to 10.10.2 or stay with 10.10.0? Wondering if any of those bugs have been ironed out or if I should just not bother upgrading at all? I'm probably going to buy a new 15" rMBP when it is released with 10.11 (in order to hopefully get a brand new machine with an OS that works better out of the box), so should I just stick with what 10.10.0 until then?

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

You could create a new partition on your internal hard drive, install 10.10.2 on the new partition, and boot to 10.10.2 while not affecting your 10.10.0 install. This will allow you to test out WiFi on 10.10.2 and not have to upgrade your 10.10.0 install. When you are done boot to your 10.10.0 install and delete the other partition. Just a thought.