Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pitt1717

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
so every day so far mail bounces and when i go to it i see a google message stating verification is required to set up.
i do not have 2 step on (tried it and wouldn't work). anyone else see this and what is the fix?

iubhounds

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
so every day so far mail bounces and when i go to it i see a google message stating verification is required to set up.
i do not have 2 step on (tried it and wouldn't work). anyone else see this and what is the fix?

I've had the same problem the past few days, drives me crazy. I have yet to find a way to get through their small screen, telling me to verify after I type in the password.

I started cancelling out and eventually my 5 different gmail accounts would process in Apple mail.

I also do not have 2 step verification on.

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
I had the same issues, Time machined back to 10.10.2. One of my accounts wont connected through Internet Accounts in System Prefs either.

Milltek

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
U.S. Northeast
Hi,
I have used Mail and Gmail together since 2011. Haven’t changed any settings, passwords or anything else. I installed the new Yosemite Beta the other day (Build OS X 10.10.3 (14D87p)) and things seemed ok. Then I noticed that I was not receiving emails. Now, when I try to “Quit” MAIL nothing happens. I have to use “Option” Force quit.

Connection Doctor says that the server is offline one minute and online the next. However I still can;t receive emails. Sending seems to work intermittently.

Anyone else having the weird 'won't quit normally' issue?

Thanks.

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Hi,
I have used Mail and Gmail together since 2011. Haven’t changed any settings, passwords or anything else. I installed the new Yosemite Beta the other day (Build OS X 10.10.3 (14D87p)) and things seemed ok. Then I noticed that I was not receiving emails. Now, when I try to “Quit” MAIL nothing happens. I have to use “Option” Force quit.

Connection Doctor says that the server is offline one minute and online the next. However I still can;t receive emails. Sending seems to work intermittently.

Anyone else having the weird 'won't quit normally' issue?

Thanks.

yep

under advanced (mail>pref) i unticked the automatic detect settings and it worked, just make sure the gmail settings are correct

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1852037/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.