10.10.3 beta gmail and mail issue

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by pitt1717, Mar 6, 2015.

1. pitt1717 macrumors 6502

so every day so far mail bounces and when i go to it i see a google message stating verification is required to set up.
    i do not have 2 step on (tried it and wouldn't work). anyone else see this and what is the fix?

2. iubhounds macrumors regular

iubhounds

I've had the same problem the past few days, drives me crazy. I have yet to find a way to get through their small screen, telling me to verify after I type in the password.

I started cancelling out and eventually my 5 different gmail accounts would process in Apple mail.

I also do not have 2 step verification on.

3. adonis3k macrumors 6502

I had the same issues, Time machined back to 10.10.2. One of my accounts wont connected through Internet Accounts in System Prefs either.

4. Milltek macrumors regular

Milltek

Hi,
    I have used Mail and Gmail together since 2011. Haven’t changed any settings, passwords or anything else. I installed the new Yosemite Beta the other day (Build OS X 10.10.3 (14D87p)) and things seemed ok. Then I noticed that I was not receiving emails. Now, when I try to “Quit” MAIL nothing happens. I have to use “Option” Force quit.

Connection Doctor says that the server is offline one minute and online the next. However I still can;t receive emails. Sending seems to work intermittently.

Anyone else having the weird 'won't quit normally' issue?

Thanks.

5. adonis3k macrumors 6502

yep

under advanced (mail>pref) i unticked the automatic detect settings and it worked, just make sure the gmail settings are correct

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1852037

6. Milltek macrumors regular

Milltek

Seems to work. Thanks. Wonder what they screwed up???

7. Milltek macrumors regular

Milltek

Just a bit of follow-up. Since implementing your change Mail has gone back to working great.

8. adonis3k macrumors 6502

9. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors 6502

trying this now... ty for the suggestion. i will report back if it works