10.10.3 boot crash no boot folder

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AliMacs, Apr 8, 2015.

1. AliMacs macrumors 6502

Who the hell checks their work at apple these days? I'm so pissed but luckily I was able to recover easily.

Installed the 10.10.3 update via app store on my 2015 broad well 13" and waited for system to do it's thing. It finished then I started and see the white loading bar then it another restart and nothing - a blinking folder with question mark.

Zapped PRam didn't do jack, so booted into recovery mode via command-R while powering on and selected startup disk and it worked.

Really not happy with how apple QA's their updates these days!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Andresen macrumors newbie

Same thing here,
    Tried to select Startup Disk, but could not Unencrypt my disc, to verify if it was a valid startup disc. It would not accept my password.....:(

Removed the Firmware password, rebooted. completing installation.

Im a 14 day mac rookie, so do not know what "normal" is, but this was weird.

Macbook Pro 13 - Early 2015

-ma

3. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

has anyone successfully installed 10.10.3 on the 2015 13"?

I got 1.7GB downloaded before it stopped. Will maybe try to redownload later tonight.

4. muon25 macrumors member

muon25

Same problem. Shut down and restarted holding down option key. Selected boot drive, machine booted up and resumed installation.

5. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

I'm just about to install it on mine. I will report back when it's finished :)

6. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Just finished updating without any hiccups.

7. Roadking714 macrumors regular

Installed on my rmbp mid 2014 15 everything running smooth

8. AliMacs thread starter macrumors 6502

Guys -

I have had the same exact problem on my 2011 17" with samsung 850 pro 256 ssd installed as well. Same thing happens after update installation and i get the folder question mark icon.

What I did to fix it the same way I did on my 2015 13" was simply go into recovery mode (command-R when powering on), then unlock my filevault2 encrypted partition, then at the apple menu select startup disk and choose the 10.10.3 partition.

It was a simple fix but very stupid to even have this issue apple needs to test their setups - I'm guessing maybe has to do with filevault2 encrypted ssd combination.

9. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

I had that issue. I made a reboot with the option key held down, typed in the password, chose the drive and bob's your uncle.

10. bigredgpk macrumors newbie

I hope my rMBP is this easy to fix. My company put a firmware password on it so I cannot pick the boot device myself.

blah :(

11. JTToft macrumors 68040

Absolutely not so much as a hint of an issue here. Went perfectly.

I don't use FileVault.

12. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Installed without a hitch with FileVault 2 enabled here.