10.10.4 Combo Update Link

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
USA
So i installed the 10.10.4 update thru the app store first and had problems with mail & game center... so them i installed it again using this link, the combo updater. did i install the update 2x? did it over right the original install or make copies of each? The combo fixed things i think, but i still had to manually change some of the system app icons b/c they were blank

robnbill

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Northern VA - Fairfax Area
So i installed the 10.10.4 update thru the app store first and had problems with mail & game center... so them i installed it again using this link, the combo updater. did i install the update 2x? did it over right the original install or make copies of each? The combo fixed things i think, but i still had to manually change some of the system app icons b/c they were blank
I think it just overwrites the original install components - nothing is duplicated.

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
USA
I think it just overwrites the original install components - nothing is duplicated.
ok i hope so. I think when the new OS comes out, I am gonna do a fully clean install. why exactly did the combo updater work but the one that they pushed to millions of people thru the app store was broke