10.10.4 Keeps crashing!

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by ZaYoOoD, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ZaYoOoD macrumors member

After updating to 10.10.4 yesterday, I noticed that a lot of apps keep crashing. This unprecedented for me, it was not this bad even when I was on a Yosemite public beta!

Sometimes I do something on iTunes, it crashes and restarts. I want to compose an email, the app crashes. Just now, I wanted to click on "About this Mac" from the Apple icon, and the system logged out and then back in!

Needless to say that this issue was not at all present in 10.10.3.

Any explanation for this?

The attachment shows the specs of my Mac

Attached Files:

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

I can't offer "why", however, I used the MAS to install the .4 update and the first thing my Mini Server did after the install and restart was have a kernel panic and automatically restarted. On my rMBP, Mail crashed hard once and I heard several "beeps".

For my Mini, the Panic Report stated that a processor was unresponsive. I have not had time to investigate what caused Mail to bork on my rMBP; Mail worked fine on my Mini after the restart.

I found, DLed (with my rMBP), and installed the 10.10.4 Combo installer on both my Mini Server and rMBP. All I can offer is that I have not had any issues with either Mac since using the Combo installer. I've used both several times, using both Admin and Standard accounts - no issues since, and both are working fine - I've been checking my Console app and don't see anything else going on. Both Macs are working fine after updating with the Combo installer. Knocked on my wood desk just to be sure tho'...