10.10.5 on rMB is a breeze

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sakabaro, Aug 18, 2015.

1. sakabaro macrumors regular

My experience so far on rMB 1.3:
    - A lot less UI lag
    - No more lag on keyboard input!
    - No more wifi issue!

2. professional445 macrumors member

so you mean the computer finally works as intended after the update

rather than working properly from day 1 and updates bringing even better features

3. sakabaro thread starter macrumors regular

Haha yeah true. Better late than never. The keyboard thing was driving me more crazy than I thought.

4. professional445 macrumors member

i guess price of being an early adopter:D glad its working now

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I have noticed less lag with Expose. Never had any with the keyboard, nor any issues with wifi.

6. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

I never had any keyboard input lag on my 1.1 rMB, nor did I have any wifi issues; though, looking through the forums, that seems more likely to be a software issue more than an issue specific to the rMB since people with other machines have encountered these same issues.

I do occasionally notice a bit of hitching when scrolling quickly in Safari and I chalk that up to the fact that I am not running at the default resolution. Some stuff does seem faster though, and I'm pretty excited about El Capitan based on what people using the beta are saying about it.

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Have to do more testing, but it seems the Update has introduced wifi issues for me. After going through wifi issues on and off with my 2012 rMBP, I'm not going to do the same with the rMB (still in return period)

8. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

Mine has worked properly from day 1, but updates almost always improve the experience. This has been true with almost every device I've owned -- and even some vehicles. If devices weren't released until they were perfect, we would never own one. And, yes, I feel that 10.10.5 has been a good update!

9. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Difficult to say for me as performance so far has been very good on my rMB (1.2)everything is certainly very solid on 10.10.5 with the system feeling generally more fluid under higher loads 15 - 20+ Spaces.

Q6