Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cnemitz22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2015
Recently, I tried to update my OSX Yosemite to 10.10.5. I downloaded the update straight from Apple and BOTH times now, the install will restart my computer, like it's supposed to, BUT halfway through rebooting(Apple Logo screen) it will stop booting halfway through on the progress bar and stop. Then sit there for about 10 minutes and my computer will turn off. Try to restart manually, same thing. Try to reboot into Recovery. Nothing. Goes to Apple Logo and boots halfway then stops.

It's important to note that I have a brand new Samsung 850 EVO installed.

So, I remove it from my hard drive bay and reinstall my original HDD which also has Yosemite 10.10.4. And my computer will boot right up with no problem.
Then I connect my new SSD to my laptop via a dock and Disk Utility says it can't verify disk or repair or anything. So I have to erase the SSD and start ALL over again.
This time around, I will NOT be trying to update to 10.10.5.

Any thoughts??? Real weird considering the SSD and HDD both took to the previous version of Yosemite without an issue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.