Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Signed up, wonder how long the wait will be.
I'm guessing not before July, unless there is s beta configuration utility like there is with the dev seeds for mavericks, which is currently showing 10.9.4 in the app store.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
i signed up too.. WOOT WOOT!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 5.00.54 PM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 5.00.54 PM 1.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
Im guessing that they are going to hold the public beta until the first couple of DP 's are released to get some of the major bugs fixed. That way the people who are just curious to see the new software aren't going to be over their heads

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Let me clarify this.

So at the moment there is absolutely NO way of downloading DP release without paying $99 fee for 1year developer program?

Is this a joke? :)

Why do I have to pay to test things for Apple?!

You don't, developers want it to test their apps on so they are ready for release with 10.10 in the fall.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Let me clarify this.

So at the moment there is absolutely NO way of downloading DP release without paying $99 fee for 1year developer program?

Is this a joke? :)

Why do I have to pay to test things for Apple?!

You're not paying to test things for Apple.

The $99 developer license includes the tools to publish your app to the App Store, as well as support instances within Apple if you are having trouble getting your app to work.

It is not a means for the general population to test things out; that's what the summer preview is for.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Im guessing that they are going to hold the public beta until the first couple of DP 's are released to get some of the major bugs fixed. That way the people who are just curious to see the new software aren't going to be over their heads

I'm willing to be surprised by this, but I'm thinking we will see them mid-July. I don't buy Craig saying anything other than Summer as saying that we will see it July or August.

That said, the first public beta of 10.9.3 was kinda rough and broke a lot of 3D games on my MacBook, so who knows. I think a rough delta would be to see how long it takes for 10.9.4 to hit the public seed.

-Ray-

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have it installed on a dev computer and i am completely surprised that there is next to no bugs that I experienced yet.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
I'm tempted to download, but I only have my primary Mac that is able to install, and I know that's a dangerous game to play. Also, a lot of the most exciting features to me are the interaction with iOS 8, and I won't have that yet anyway, so I think I'm gonna hold off.

If it's anything like past releases then you can do what most of us Appleseed members have done for years; install the beta on a different partition of the same internal drive. It doesn't impact your "production" partition (make sure to keep that backed up properly) and allows you to play/test the new OS when you have time (a simple reboot to switch between the two OSes).

Did it with 10.6 through 10.9 betas and never had any issues. The more people that test and provide feedback the better. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.