10.11.2 and Messages Error

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by MatureMac, Dec 10, 2015.

1. MatureMac macrumors newbie

Anyone else having trouble opening the Messages app after updating to 10.11.2 from 10.11.1?

Messages crashes the moment I open the app, however, I do receive notifications. It was working fine in 10.11.1 so the update has done something. Nothing else has changed.

Any ideas? I can post the error log if anyone thinks they can help.

2. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

3. MatureMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Hah. That's okay. If it ends up just being me, I'll see if I can perform the update again. Maybe something went wrong. Thanks anyway.

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

5. MatureMac thread starter macrumors newbie

6. CostaMoses macrumors member

Mine opens SLOWLY, and I get the spinning beach ball every time I start typing a message. I wonder if we are having the same problems. Mine didn't start until I upgraded to 10.11.2 :(

I am also now having problems with mail freezing up and not wanting to quit. This computer is a maxed out 15" rMBP and only a few months old...shouldnt be this bad.

7. chscag macrumors 68000

Messages working OK here except I've been receiving spam and junk advertisements.

8. MatureMac thread starter macrumors newbie

I just reinstalled 10.11.2 once again from the full size version (it was 6.21 GB) and Messages is now working fine. I guess something went wrong the first time I upgraded from 10.11.1. Thanks everyone.

9. CostaMoses macrumors member

how do you get the full version? I just tried from the link above (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1850?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US) but it didn't change anything. still having the same issues with messages and mail.