10.11 On-battery Performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mrt.plt, Oct 22, 2015.

1. mrt.plt macrumors newbie

mrt.plt

Hey!
    I have a 2013 Macbook Air that I bought some 16 months ago, and it's running on 10.11. (Actually it's currently downloading the 10.11.1 :) ) I'm really happy with the performance improvements and the smoothness of El Capitan after Yosemite, but I have a weird problem that I noticed two days ago though I updated to 10.11 more than a week ago.
    When my computer is not plugged in, the overall graphics performance is really bad and even the transition between the dashboard and the desktop screen is not smooth.

Is any of you having a similar problem? It's really annoying, because AFAIK there wasn't any performance difference between plugged-in and on battery states. I have Windows 8.1 on Boot Camp as well, and I couldn't see any difference in performance there after the El Capitan update.

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS: I couldn't decide whether I should open this topic to the El Capitan part or here, but I thought it might be a computer related problem so I decided to open the topic here.

2. blaichch macrumors member

I experienced the same on my MBA 2013. I glad that I'm not the only one. I haven't found a fix so far (10.11.2). I already did a PRAM and SMC reset but the slowdown is still present. Let's hope that it gets fixed in further updates.