10.12.2 black screen after upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by al404, Dec 14, 2016.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

Just upgraded to 10.12.2 my mac mini late 2012 now when i boot i end up on a complete black screen, monitor is on and i can see and move the cursor ( a black arrow with white border ) but i never loads the UI

I got to recovery and repair disk and after reboot it did not make any difference
    I reset the PRAM no success

I just booted into safe mode with shift key pressed, i got to login screen but if boot into my user account it end to black screen again, i may try to boot in guest I would like to try to download combo and install over

what does "reinstall macos" do in recovery? would i lose anything?
    it a known issue ?

2. ArtPiCard macrumors newbie

I had the same problem today. All day long trying and failing... I tried resetting NRAM, SMC, disk repair, safe boot and so on. Nothing worked.
    Finally, I entered Recovery Mode and restored to the previous version of Sierra from my Time Machine external drive (fortunately I had it updated and perfectly working). It took very long but my MBP seems to be running ok for now.
    I have a MacBook Pro 2013.
    Is this happening to anybody else? Is this a problem with that last Sierra update? Is my MBP too "old" for that update? Any comments? Any advice?

3. Cardsnk macrumors regular

try to enter your password twice at login (assuming you are in desktop), even if the cursor is the only one showing.

4. ArtPiCard macrumors newbie

So, you think customers should install (or reinstall in my case) the new Sierra update anyway, accept that absurd failure and simply use that trick? Or should Apple send a new update as soon as possible?