10.14.4 MBP update stuck

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
my 2018 15inch MBP is currently stuck on the black screen with white Apple logo. It started with about 25 minutes remaining, the progress bar made it about half way and now it just says “estimating time remaining” and it is just sitting here. Been about 30 or so minutes so far

Any tips on what I should do?

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011
When I updated to 10.14.4 yesterday afternoon, it appears to take quite a long time. I don't remember the exact screen, but I do remember there are period of completely black screen with nothing seeming to move. I just left the computer there and it eventually updated successfully. I would give it a bit more time to see if it finishes itself.

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
When I updated to 10.14.4 yesterday afternoon, it appears to take quite a long time. I don't remember the exact screen, but I do remember there are period of completely black screen with nothing seeming to move. I just left the computer there and it eventually updated successfully. I would give it a bit more time to see if it finishes itself.

Thanks. It actually completely just a bit ago. All of a sudden it started moving again. Not sure what took so long but I’m glad I waited!