Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Australia
so I've got some software that I have to very regularly compile for work obligations (ie. I'm modifying it) that's makefile/source needs the 10.2.8 SDK. sadly this SDK is not included in leopard. I've already tried a find and replace "s/10.2.8/10.3.9/g" but it's not happy with that. is there some way I can install the older SDK on leopard?

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I'm not sure about this, but you could try to install the latest Xcode 2 developer preview, which should work side-by-side with Xcode 3 in Leopard.

lucas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Australia
I couldnt find xcode 2.5, but I grabbed 2.4.1 and it tells me I cant install it because there's no 10.4 on the volume. do I need a paid developer account (I'm currently using a student one) to get access to 2.5?

edit: so i found a link to it from google, downloading it now. my fingers are crossed

lucas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Australia
and no luck :/

I guess I'll have to keep a copy of tiger handy on an external hdd

just rememberd the 10.2.8 sdk is an optional install, but now the installer fails with an unhelpful error message about failing the preflight script :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.