10.2 - higher temps...wtf?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lshirase, Feb 11, 2008.

1. lshirase macrumors regular

ever since the 10.2 update the temps on my macbook have gone up. anyone else having the same problem?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm wondering how he is doing this on an intel Mac:eek:

4. lshirase thread starter macrumors regular

? im running leopard.

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

My temps have gone down.

A LOT! Core Duo Macbook Pro too!

6. caeneal macrumors member

Ishirase: you said 10.2 not 10.5.2.

Anyway, I'd imagine that the usual indexing and spotlighting and such is just running the system a bit hard at the moment. If you're worried about your temps, post what they actually are and maybe someone will know if it's a problem. As it is, we don't know what "hotter" means.

7. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

mine heated up to about 150 when it was updating, now its back down to its normal 10x-12x level.

8. JDR macrumors regular

My friend has a 2.2 SR MBP and he says that his computer is usually at 90F or below, but lately (only after 10.5.2) it has been running hotter (around 120F). It's been a few hours since he updated.

9. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Actually, on my system the temps are running about a few degrees cooler than before under full CPU load (while running SETI and Climateprediction files on BOINC). Before, the CPU temp would routinely hit about 140 degrees. Right now, it's averaging about 131 degrees with peaks at 137.

I do notice that the fans are running faster and more often. Overall, it's running cooler, but audibly noisier. Interesting because my Xbench benchmarks are showing the CPU benchmarks noticeably higher with 10.5.2, and the OpenGL benchmarks lower than 10.5.1.