10.2 not signed so now what.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Toccata81, Apr 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Toccata81 macrumors member

Just today I happened to check the reddit page and I see that 10.2 has a jailbreak but I Googled the question on whether its still being signed by Apple (because we're up to 10.3.something) and the headlines are saying No. So I missed the boat (I'm on 9.3.3). My question is what is the best way to receive ALERTS so that I know and can act in a timely manner for applying a valid jailbreak. Thanks.

2. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

3. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Let me ask you a question.

Do you believe that there is some central jailbreaking authority that alerts people about these things?

5. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Please pardon my ignorance, but if you're on 9.3.3 now, WHY would you want to upgrade to 10.2? At least on 9.3.3 you have a more stable semi-tethered jailbreak than that Yalu or Hulu or whayever-U is.

6. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

^^^Totally agree with this.

I gave up a few things going from a iOS 7 to iOS 8 jailbreak and a bit more from iOS 8 to 9. I have yet to see very much that replicates what I have left on my iOS 9 jailbreak and very little under IOS 10 that is new and desirable.

For myself, I am not surrendering 95% of what I currently have to get 5% of what I don't just so I can *be* on iOS 10.

7. Toccata81 thread starter macrumors member

Sometimes apps will update and no longer be supported by the iOS I'm on. I don't remember exactly what happened but something like that and I was basically forced to buy a new iphone because of some combination of incompatibilities between apps, device, iOS, available jailbreaks, what Apple does and does not sign. For the moment though, I'm OK. I might have been interested in seeing the ios 10 features. yes I would like to receive an alert somehow when a jailbreak is ready. I'm not going to keep checking back on here or reddit because for months and months and months and months I see no change. Its easy to give up and then the new jailbreak comes out and we have, what, a window of how many days to act? gimme a break.

8. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

If you're not willing to put in the effort, I don't think jailbreaking is for you anyway.

9. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Then you will continue to miss jailbreaks.

This is not Apple. There is no authority that tracks development of jailbreaks and then issues alerts. It's all a private enterprise and JB devs release when they feel like it.

So don't check. That is your option. But expecting organization from what has always been a chaotic process is never going to happen.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes there's is off course at www.centraljailbreakingauthority.com

11. Toccata81 thread starter macrumors member

Jailbreaking is for me.

12. cyber16 macrumors 6502

Maybe these folks can send you alerts as NEW ispw's "firmwares" are released. Use that as a heads up to check current jailbreak status before any signing windows close

https://ipsw.me

or follow their twitter feeds

13. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Ok then go to http://en.pangu.io and jailbreak your device now since you stated you are on iOS 9.3.3 right now.

14. Toccata81 thread starter macrumors member

My device has been jailbroken for some months now. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't need to make a change but generally prefer to have newer iOS in the case I can have it both ways.

15. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Ok then I guess the best advice would be to check right after Apple releases a new iOS version. Usually if a jailbreak is going to be released it will be soon after that if the vulnerability is patched in the new iOS version. I got lucky since I didn't update to iOS 10.2 on my iPhone 7+ or I would be in the same boat as you. Sometimes it's just random luck unfortunately.

16. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I am jailbroken on 9.0.2. In this instance, had I updated and jailbroken on iOS 10 (assuming I could based on my device) "having it both ways" would have meant the loss of a fully untethered jailbreak.

Not such a bad thing if you're on anything higher than 9.1 when you move up. Not worth it at all for me to lose that.

I'm not a very big fan of this whole sem-untethered jailbreak stuff.