10.2 to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by naftalim, Oct 27, 2007.

1. naftalim macrumors 6502

Will I have to do anything special to upgrade from 10.2 to Leopard? I plan to use an older version of Carbon Copy Cloner to back up, do a Erase and Install and then use Migration Assistant to copy over data. I will probably use any original application CDs to install Apps. I am helping a friend.

Thanks

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I don't know if it'll work but after using 10.2 your friend will think he's found OS heaven using Leopard, hahaha. :D

3. bubblegum80 macrumors member

Wow, 10.2

Have you used Expose before?

I think that is one of the biggest additions to any operating system in recent years.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

EXPOSÉ?! Try Spotlight, Spaces, Stacks, or (the new) Front Row. Well, the latter is reminiscent of Windows Media Center, but there are no Macs running "Mac OS X Leopard Front Row Edition 2007"

5. bubblegum80 macrumors member

Those features are not used all the time, like expose. They are situational.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

please don't upgrade personal experience to upper most level. I never used it, i find VD is nicer. My linux box has that, and I found it annoying....

7. bubblegum80 macrumors member

If you have many applications, or web windows open, expose made it really easy to choose what you want to look at.

8. naftalim thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm using Leopard on my machine, my friend has an older tower running 10. so yes, for her it will be a huge change. My install on a fairly new Alu iMac was easy, Archive and Install. On hers, it will be a bit more complicated.