10.2 to Leopard

naftalim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Will I have to do anything special to upgrade from 10.2 to Leopard? I plan to use an older version of Carbon Copy Cloner to back up, do a Erase and Install and then use Migration Assistant to copy over data. I will probably use any original application CDs to install Apps. I am helping a friend.

Thanks

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Will I have to do anything special to upgrade from 10.2 to Leopard? I plan to use an older version of Carbon Copy Cloner to back up, do a Erase and Install and then use Migration Assistant to copy over data. I will probably use any original application CDs to install Apps. I am helping a friend.

Thanks
I don't know if it'll work but after using 10.2 your friend will think he's found OS heaven using Leopard, hahaha. :D

bubblegum80

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
Wow, 10.2

Have you used Expose before?

I think that is one of the biggest additions to any operating system in recent years.

bubblegum80

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
EXPOSÉ?! Try Spotlight, Spaces, Stacks, or (the new) Front Row. Well, the latter is reminiscent of Windows Media Center, but there are no Macs running "Mac OS X Leopard Front Row Edition 2007"
Those features are not used all the time, like expose. They are situational.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Those features are not used all the time, like expose. They are situational.
please don't upgrade personal experience to upper most level. I never used it, i find VD is nicer. My linux box has that, and I found it annoying....

bubblegum80

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
please don't upgrade personal experience to upper most level. I never used it, i find VD is nicer. My linux box has that, and I found it annoying....
If you have many applications, or web windows open, expose made it really easy to choose what you want to look at.

naftalim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I'm using Leopard on my machine, my friend has an older tower running 10. so yes, for her it will be a huge change. My install on a fairly new Alu iMac was easy, Archive and Install. On hers, it will be a bit more complicated.

Wow, 10.2

Have you used Expose before?

I think that is one of the biggest additions to any operating system in recent years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.