10.3.9 to 10.4.11 upgrade - compatable software

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by uphype, Oct 21, 2008.

1. uphype macrumors newbie

I curently have 10.3.9 with a PowerPC G4 w/ dual 1.25 processors and 2 gig of ram. I want to upgrade to 10.4 - will it be compatibe with my software which is:

Quark 6.5
    Acrobat 7.1
    Acrobat Distiller 7.0
    Illustrator CS1
    Photoshop CS1
    AND
    Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office X)

I really can't afford to go buy all the software again and I don't want my system to crash or apps not to work. Any suggestions?

This upgrade is mostly spawned due to the recent purchase of a new iPod Nano... Not supported by my current OS! Man, I didn't read the requirements, shame on me. However, the dang thing will work on my kid's PC w/ XP Pro. I only got the Nano cause it's mac - he wanted the Zune that ONLY works w/ PC... Waa!!

Anyway - any suggestions on an upgrade?

Thanks,
    Uphype

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well I would suggest to you that you simply do a little searching to find the answers to be sure. I did a Google search on "photoshop cs mac system requirements" (as it was actually not called cs1) showed that it requires 10.2.4 or higher, but another search on "photoshop cs mac 10.4.11" showed that there were several problems with running it with 10.4.11.

While some people may have some of this software running in that configuration and may be able to provide some info, the fact that it is all older software is what makes me suggest some Google searches would probably be more time efficient than waiting for other folks to fill in the missing info (particularly using the second search string idea above). Google is your friend, particularly in cases like this! :D Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

BTW- Another thought too as a workaround if you find that your app versions won't do the job in 10.4.11-- if you have another hard drive (internal or external) or have enough free space on a single one to make another partition you could always install Tiger on another partition/drive then only boot that installation when you needed to interact with your Nano. That way you could continue to work in 10.3.9 with your apps. A bit clumsy I suppose, but would eliminate the need to upgrade your apps- kind of the best of both worlds! ;)

3. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I appreciate the info - I don't have the software discs... I bought this machine with all of it on there - Sounds like dividing the hard drive would be a good thought!

Thanks again

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Since that is the case, for your own sake PLEASE make sure you have a complete clone backup of your hard drive before anything else! Most of that software could not be reinstalled without the original disks (and I won't even comment on somebody having the nerve to sell you the machine with pirate software on it -- :mad: ) so make darn sure you have cloned the drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper before you do anything else as far as trying to upgrade to Tiger! Splitting the drive under older operating systems than Leopard will require you to format the drive and then partition it- so no cloned backup, no software afterwards if something goes wrong. :(

5. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Clone Backup

Since I am only semi-computer savvy, should I buy an external hard drive to clone my disc to or what is the best method? I actually bought the computer form a company that I worked at doing graphic design. It had all the software on it. Where do I get Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper? Is it user friendly and are there any things or processes I need to know before starting?

The Apple store is really expensive to do this but may be worth the investment if I have to. Any suggestions?

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Buying an external drive to maintain a good clone backup of your boot drive is certainly the safest and easiest way to make/keep a backup! With the price of hard drives these days it does not need to be an expensive proposition at all- no Apple store needs to be involved.

You can get the software at Carbon Copy Cloner and at [url="http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html]Superduper[/url]. Carbon Copy Cloner is free (but small donations are accepted and it is certainly worth it) and SuperDuper is free in a limited fashion and $27.95 for the full unlimited version (recommended). Both are very well designed and simple to use- I use both at different times, though find myself going back to Carbon Copy Cloner most times for no apparent reason! ;)

Since your Mac is one powered by a PowerPC processor, it will require a FireWire drive to be able to boot from the external drive- let me know what size your boot drive is and I will throw a couple of good inexpensive drive recommendations your way. There is no need to get a huge drive when just using it as a clone drive-- just big enough to hold the contents of your boot drive were it to become full. Sometimes though it makes more sense to get a larger drive and partition it- keeping one partitiion for your clone which leaves you with another partition for general storage. Since larger drives are down in price so much now, that is often the most economical way to do it.

For now, just let us know the capacity of your boot drive, ok?

7. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Boot Drive?

I copied some info from System Profiler:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Model: Power Mac G4
    CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
    Number Of CPUs: 2
    CPU Speed: 1.25 GHz
    L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
    L3 Cache (per CPU): 2 MB
    Memory: 512 MB
    Bus Speed: 167 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: 4.4.8f2

ATA-6 Bus:

Vendor ID: 0x106b
    Device ID: 0x0033
    Revision ID: 0x0000

ST380011A:

Capacity: 74.53 GB
    Model: ST380011A
    Revision: 3.06
    Serial Number: 3JVAJHKH
    Removable Media: No
    Detachable Drive: No
    BSD Name: disk0
    Protocol: ATA
    Unit Number: 0
    Socket Type: Internal
    OS9 Drivers: Yes

My Disc:

Capacity: 74.53 GB
    Available: 3.63 GB
    Writable: Yes
    File System: Journaled HFS+
    BSD Name: disk0s9
    Mount Point: /

FireWire Bus:

Speed: 400 Mb/sec Speed

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Ok- so we are talking about an 80Gb hard drive- so here are some ideas.

First off when I went looking, external FireWire hard drives that small are getting pretty hard to find and are not at all good in a price/Gb ratio. As I suspected, most of the better deals are to be found in larger drives which is even better.

Currently newegg.com (a favorite supplier of a lot of people here) has the AcomData 500Gb external drive for $89.95 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822216031 ) which is a steal. I have had a couple of them and they were among some of the most solid drives out there- with a metal case and solid FireWire support. Others newegg has are the SimpleDrive at 500Gb for $109.99 which is also a good deal ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822100028 ). BTW- their designation of IEEE 1394a as the interface is just another name for FireWire.

Plenty of other good drives at other favorite suppliers too- such as these at OWC- http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/

If you prefer local places like BestBuy, you will find that they do have a limited selection of FireWire drives, but at noticeably higher prices than those above.

At any rate, if you should get one of the 500Gb drives above, just hook it up (don't forget to order a FireWire cable- unless specified most don't come with one so check the drive's details) go into Disk Utility and erase the drive using Mac OS Extended (journaled) since most drives come with a PC format, then use the partition tab to divide it into two partitions. Make the first one 80Gb and the second one the remainder of the space on the drive and you will be good to go. Name the partitions so you can easily identify them too! You can then use the second partition for additional storage for some of your existing files, as the amount of free space on your existing drive is very low and can give you additional problems as well as slowing your system down overall.

Then just fire up Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper and get them going and be aware that the first time backup will take far longer than ones you will do afterwards. For future backups, you can use the "incremental" mode which will only copy files that have been changed or added since the initial full disk backup and will be much quicker.

You do have another option though with your system- and that is to add a second drive internally which is super simple- the necessary cable is already in place along with a bracket to mount it and there are instructions in various places on the net to guide you through it. You just need to be sure that you get a drive designated as IDE, ATA or PATA (since various manufacturers use slightly different designations) which is an older type of hard drive that the current and far more common SATA drives. That could be a cheaper solution in the long run, but if you are not comfortable with messing with the insides make it simple and buy an external FireWire drive! ;)

9. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

OK - Taking your advice.

I can't tell you how helpful you are! I feel like I should swipe my credit card with every post! :D

I have been looking for an external drive and noticed that some have specs for the minimum OS. This being a factor, are the 2 you suggest compatible with 10.3? I didn't find any requirements on NewEgg - I'm sure they are somewhere but I didn't find them. If so, I will buy the AcomData 500 (I did note some bad reviews - Is there a better choice? If not I am comfortable with your guidance.)

Next: Will the 2 software aps you suggest make a complete copy of my drive including all applications, software and files? I want to know if there is a limit of what it copies. If it does completely clone it, should I install the update to my OS to the external drive or to my hard drive? Do I have a choice to boot up with either my external or original hard drive?

I am ready to make my purchases with your reply concerning the proper hard drive.

Thank you so much for your time, knowledge and concern!

Uphype!!

10. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Glad it helps out- that's what we are all interested in being here for! Just pass along your knowledge to others as time goes by to keep the forum alive! ;)

OK, I'm going to respond a little differently this time by inserting my comments into your questions in bold, so let's see how that works!

11. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Here we go!

I appreciate all the help you have been!

I am looking at different drives as I can't help but notice the negative response on the NewEgg site about the AccomData drive. I am still considering it however because I know a lot of the good response goes unwritten. I am looking at this drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822204042
    it is a Fantom Drives Fantom Titanium 500GB drive - Any info you may have to input is greatly noted. When searching external hard drives, I only see 3 that are firewire - am I not seeing all of them?

BTW - I have USB 1.1 :-( When I upgrade will it take me to 2.0 or is that a hardware upgrade?

Thank you!

12. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Carbon Copy

Is the link you posted for Carbon Copy Cloner the version I need - I found another that seems to be for 10.3.9 But it's $5 which is cool but I want the correct version. Can you send a link to the correct version I should download or buy?

Thank you so much.
    Uphype

13. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Ok, I just took a look at newegg's listings and the reason you are only seeing 3 is that you are looking at IEEE1394a (FireWire 400) ONLY drives, and there are very few of them made anymore. Far more of them are made in which they carry a combination of ports- for instance if you click the "more" at the bottom of the interface categories in their external drives listings you will find 25 results for IEE 1394a + USB 2.0 Drives, 13 in the ones that have IEE 1394a + USB 2.0 + eSATA and 14 in the category with IEEE 1394a + IEEE 1394b (FireWire 800) + USB 2.0 + eSATA. Try those links!

No biggie on the AcomData- there are plenty of others in the links above! As far as the Fantom it seems fine to me. I had one and liked the fact that it was a sturdy metal case and it worked fine- but at some point I no longer needed it and used it as a backup drive on my GF's system where it is still in use.

And no, unfortunately, getting a USB 2 drive to hang off a USB 1.1 system will not increase the speed of the system. On the contrary the drive will drop down and only communicate at USB 1.1 speeds which are not realistically usable (12Mbits/Sec) when you have a FireWire 400 port (400Mbits/sec) available. The good news is that if you ever get any USB 2.0 devices you need to use at full speed, it is pretty cheap and easy to slip a PCI card in your tower to provide 4 full speed USB 2.0 ports out the back of the machine. For now though, just concentrate on using the FW400 port for the drive- especially since it will be bootable on your G4, something a USB drive would not be.

OK, for the second question about CCC- whoops. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page I mentioned (Carbon Copy Cloner) you will see a free download link to Version 2.3 which is for 10.2 and 10.3 under the heading "Older Versions".

Well, that gives you some more info to chew on! ;)

14. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

OK - It's on!

I am buying the Fantom GF500Q 500GB USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a / 1394b / eSATA Quad Interface External Hard Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822204073

I noticed it is an eSATA drive and I hope this is ok to clone and possibly boot from since I don't think my original system is eSATA. Tell me this will work please!

When I get the drive I will have read the CCC instructions in full but as it stands, I don't fully understand a couple of things...

It asks:

1) Have you checked with the manufacturer of your target drive for a firmware update?

Is this necessary?

2) Get your target drive as clean as possible - erase/zero/partition*. (Only necessary for the first clone.)

Is there software included in the drive that will do this or do I do it from my system with Disc Utilities?

3) Repair permissions on Source. (Applies for every clone.) For subsequent clones you can, for convenience, ask CCC to see to it, but for now use Disk Utility just before using CCC just in case the DU log alerts you to anything amiss. Booted from elsewhere, run Disk Utility's 'Repair Disk' for the source drive.

SOURCE meaning my existing internal drive?

....3a. If you have Disk Warrior (or TechTool) use it now to rebuild the directory of your source.

(Pretty sure I don't have Disk Warrior or TechTool)

4) Set only one Pref in CCC for the first clone - "Make bootable". (You can add "Synchronize" and/or whatever else you want for subsequent clones, with "Make bootable" always selected for a bootable clone.)

I am hoping this is just a setting I can pick from the CCC software before I begin.

4) Ensure that Spotlight indexing on the source is not taking place (click on Spotlight menubar icon), and disable it on the clone, e.g. by dragging the target volume's icon into the Privacy tab of System Preferences/Spotlight. Copying .Spotlight-V100 sometimes causes an error; it doesn't need to be copied because a) it is volume-specific, and b) what is the point of an index on the clone? You may safely delete .Spotlight-V100 from the CCC Console list. (Disable Spotlight on a FAT32 external drive).

Not a clue about this!!!

5. Read ALERT: Do not "IGNORE"… now – is IMPORTANT.
    (The "Ignore" button appearing in some CCC error alerts should only be used by those who are fully aware of its significance and potential consequences. Very often one consequence will be that no further items in that directory will be copied, leaving your clone incomplete. )

So if I get an IGNORE error I should abort...

AND FINALLY:
    Journaling, Zeroing, Partitioning, OS 9 drivers
    ((((NEVER ASSUME, no matter what you are told, that a drive is ready for use as you receive it, even if brand new (see what Apple says). Prepare it yourself using Apple's Disk Utility. Skimping on preparation of a disk to be used for clones is very unwise.

Erasing (also known as 'formatting')… Select "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" (aka HFS+) format, and (in the 'Partition' tab/"Options..." button) "Apple Partition Map" for use with a PPC Mac or "GUID Partition Table" for an Intel Mac. (An Intel Mac will boot with APM, but the Apple Installer requires that a drive be partitioned with GUID). The Partition Scheme must be correct even if you do not partition your drive; a drive has at least one partition/volume, i.e. no partitions = one partition!
    CCC works perfectly with or without journaling. DO NOT ASK us about journaling – get your advice by reading elsewhere; some of us (myself included) believe journaling to be the best free gift we have had from Apple in a long time, but others think it should only be used on a Server. [Journaling is available in Panther (OS 10.3) onwards. Apple reference doc] • "IMHO, you should always have journaling enabled." ~ Mike Bombich

For drives to be used with PPC Macs that are capable of booting in OS 9…
    Tick the box for "Install OS 9 Driver" whether you think you will use OS 9 or not, as a "just in case", and because you can only do this at the time you erase/format the disk. The driver costs you nothing in space – it is installed on a part of the drive that you have no access to. Note that this option will only appear if your machine is capable of booting in OS 9. In the left-hand column you may need to select the disk (the upper item of a group) rather than an indented partition.
    BTW, OS 9 and Classic work equally well installed in the same partition as OS X or in a separate partition. Again it's entirely a personal choice, but the common assumption that they need to be in separate partitions is erroneous. (All in one partition is, without other considerations, probably the best choice – it is 'simpler' and occupies less total disk space.)
    =-=-=-=-

Zeroing. It used to be recommended that a new drive be 'zeroed' to 'map out' any bad blocks. With modern Filing Systems and up-to-date drive firmware mapping out takes place automatically, 'behind the scenes', during normal drive use, and we therefore do NOT recommend zeroing.

I have OS 9 & a PowerPC - Anything I should do differently at this point?

Thanks - BTW, can I email you a 6 (or 48) pack?
    Uphype

15. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello - Anyone out there?

I know I have asked a lot out of everyone and I certainly appreciate all the help you all have been (SickMacDoc!!!). Any help is greatly appreciated. Can someone help out with the previous post please?

Thank you in advance.
    Uphype

16. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Whoops- it seems that I missed your last one. Can't do it right now, but should be able to sort through it later tonight.

Don't let that stop anyone else in the meantime if you have a minute! :D

17. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

OK, regarding your question about the drive you are buying, it will be fine. Even though it has 4 interfaces, you are only going to be using one which in your case will be the FireWire 400 (IEEE 194a). The others will offer flexibility to hook it to pretty much any type of current interface in use should you change systems. You also could at some point in the future install a PCI eSATA card which would allow you to hook it up as eSATA which would result in a somewhat faster connection to the drive, but I really wouldn't recommend it because of your intended use (FireWire 400 will be just fine for backups) and the fact that sinking more money into a G4 Tower is probably not a great investment unless you be doing tasks like extensive video rendering in which you might benefit from the speed bump. The downside of that is that the computer itself will still be one of the limiting factors, so that takes some of the advantage of eSATA's speed away.

As for the numbered questions:
    1. This should no longer be necessary. At the time that version of CCC was current Apple and external FW devices were not always talking nicely to each other and most manufacturers put out updated firmware for their cases- but any current ones should be fine since that is an older problem.

2. Yes, Disk Utilities will be fine for that. When the drive arrives it will probably be formatted for PC use, so it is much better to format it for Mac use as described in the CCC documentation you copied at the bottom. I will make a note about that at the bottom of this post.

3. Yes source is referring to your internal drive. When you set up CCC to clone pay attention to the fact that it will need to be set up as showing your internal drive as the "source" and the external drive as the "destination".

3a. Both the packages they mention are commercial software releases, so unless you remember purchasing them, then you probably don't have them. No biggie- substitute going into Disk Utility and running both a "Repair permissions" and a "Verify" under the First Aid tab. Not the same as rebuilding the directory, but if both those actions go ok there is no indication that the rebuild would be necessary.

4. That will not come into play so you can ignore that section. Spotlight was a searching feature that did not get introduced into the Mac OS until 10.4 and later so your 10.3.9 does not have Spotlight.

4 #2. (you have two item #4's) Yes, the "make bootable" will be a selection within CCC. I have not used that version for a good long time so I can't remember whether it is selectable in the main window or if you need to go into a "Preferences" menu to make sure it is selected but you will see that when you look.

5. I do not recall ever getting that alert and suspect you will not either, but yes it appears that the safe choice if you see it would be abort and starting over. Again, if you do the formatting of the external drive and run the two routines I mentioned on your internal drive there is little chance of seeing that message.

As for the formatting etc section- yes, Mac OS Extended (Journaled) should be the format type, in your case APM for the partition map scheme and it won't hurt to install OS9 drives though I suspect you will never benefit from that. They are tiny, so just go ahead and do it.

One thing that is kind of confusing about that section is partitioning particularly since you are using 10.3.9. It mentions an "Option" button in the "Partition" section of Disk Utility. I just booted up an older machine with a reference copy of 10.3.9 I have hanging around and I noticed that the "Options" button does not appear in that version of Disk Utility, so don
    t get confused by references to it or the partition map scheme. 10.3.9 will automatically apply the correct APM when the drive is partitioned which is something you definitely should do. In the "Partition" section, just change the Volume Scheme (or something like that) at the top left from "Current" to 1. Set the format type as Mac OS Extended, give the drive a name of your choice and then click the "Partition" button at the bottom right and it will take care of it and automatically set the partition scheme correctly (as APM).

Note: The instructions listed in the bottom part of your post actually only refer to 10.4 or later, in which additional partition map schemes were introduced due the introduction of Intel based Macs and their need for a "GUID" scheme to boot from. When 10.3.9 was current, all Macs were still PowerPC based so no need for a partition scheme other that the one correct for them -- APM.

18. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok - I got my stuff... B U T !!!!

I have plugged in the new OWC Mercury Elite Pro 750GB External Hard Drive. My Mac doesn't even know it's there. Why would that be? Anyone?

I have plugged it in (both power and Firewire 400), turned it on and started up my machine, nothing...

Help.

19. Semiopaque macrumors regular

20. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Model #

Problem Type: Hard Drive

Part Number: OCW Mercury Elite Pro FW400/USB2 Ox911+

Description of the Problem:
    I have a Mac G4 PowerPC Mirror Door Drive. I used the simple "Plug & Play" method and the FW Drive does not appear anwhere. I tried it with the Firewire that came with it and another one. I checked in System Profiler and it didn't register it. I did a "Repair Disk Permissions" and tried it again. This time it will "see" the drive only in System Profiler attached to the USB cable. It describes the drive correctly and fully. However with the Firewire hooked up it only says Firewire: Firewire Device. Yet neither appear on my desktop nor on the sidebar.

I found a firmware update but it contradicts itself by saying, "If you have a XYZ purchased before 12-2002 do not upgrade." (I obviously just bought it this week) Then later it says, "Remember, if you have a XYZ, DO NOT upgrade. Does it mean a current XYZ or an older one?

Thanks,
    Uphype

21. Semiopaque macrumors regular

Does it show up in Disk Utility? Sorry i need to reread this whole thread to see what you're trying to do but since you seem to be online wanted to respond. I'm far from smart on OS X myself, but is this HD formatted to be readable by OS X?

OK sounds like you're going with CCC. I have not used this. I've been using the free version of Super Duper (which is totally worth the $30 in my opinion and I will eventually pay it even if I don't use it's other features).

A quick question, though, do you already have 10.4 Tiger to install? If you are thinking of buying a new OS X, I would go with Leopard. It should run pretty well on your system. It is likely cheaper as well since the last time I looked Tiger install disks were much more expensive. Either way, though, you will notice a big difference in your upgrade.

22. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Open up Disk Utility and see if the drive is visible in the sidebar.

23. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

Ready to go!

Concerning my last 2 posts.... I actually received an enclosure not a Hard Drive - Duh - I have it now and formatted and partitioned it. I have an older version of CCC (the one for my mac G4 10.3.9) and have a couple of questions....

Ok – Now that I have all my stuff and ready to clone my HD to my Firewire drive, I hve a few questions setting up to clone with Carbon Copy Cloner.

1) “Source Disk Options” I checked “Repair permissions before cloning
    2) “Target Disk Options” 2 options A: Delete directories before overwriting and B: Make bootable. I checked “Make bootable” Correct?
    3) “Disk image options” A: Create a disk image on target B: Encrypt the disk image C: Make it a NetBoot set – I have no idea
    4) ‘ASR Options’ A: Prep for Apple Software Restore B: Run Setup Assistant after restore C: Prompt to remove users – then it has “Format:” Read only or Read only compressed.
    5) “Advanced Settings” says “items in this list will be deleted….” What to do?

I would also like to back up a couple times a week at say 3am - can I set this up to automatically do this? Plus, when I shut down my computer, do I have to eject my external HD first?

Thanks all!

24. Semiopaque macrumors regular

Heh that's why I asked what model you had. I didn't see anything around that fit the spec you quoted except the enclosure only. You wouldn't be the first person to buy a piece of hardware only to find out &$%! I need something else too? Been there myself one too many times in the past.

Again, haven't used Carbon Copy myself but I can try to answer some questions.

You probably don't need to check Repair Permissions. Shouldn't hurt but it generally just takes longer. You should be able to fix permissions, if it becomes necessary, later with Disk Utility.

With some effort, I will refrain from commenting on your Freudian slip in your second step. Yes, you need to make it bootable.

For step 3 you want an image. I'm not sure on step 4. Someone else may need to answer this as I don't think you want an ASR image because I think you need access to disk utility to restore it. I think -hopefully- you can create a bootable clone without any of the options in step #4. Also pretty sure you do not want to delete anything so I would make sure nothing is in that list. Maybe someone else with more experience w CCC can take it from here.

Not sure if you can create an auto backup w CCC. You can with SuperDuper but thats part of the pay portion of the program (a good deal at $30 I think).

One thing I would do on your external is partition it into at least two partitions. One a little bit bigger than the size of the drive you are cloning and the second partition is the rest in case you need to redo the cloning process again at some point you can just clone to the partition and not mess up anything you may have stored on the second partition.

25. uphype thread starter macrumors newbie

ERROR MESSAGE on CCC

I got an error message on CCC - I have attached the message with this post - Any suggestions? I did "verify and repair permissions" twice before I began...

Also - I read to take off the Spotlight V100 from the "Items to be copied" list. Is this correct?

I did the typical clone - Not advanced settings or anything other than "Make bootable copy" checked in the Prefs.

Thanks,
    Uphype

Attached Files: