Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2002
Sorry if this has been posted before, I am tired and dont feel like scanning for it.

I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the requirements for 10.3. I would imagine if you could run 10.2 that you would be fine, but my iBook 500 isnt anywhere near top of the line anymore and I would be rather upset if i couldnt upgrade to 10.3.

I know that its time to start thinking about a new computer but i like this one a lot and it has done me no wrong, so i am just curious as to what macs are going to be supported.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I think I saw or heard where every computer that can run 10.2 can run 10.3 minus the beige G3's. So all iMacs, iBooks, B&W G3's, G4's, and G5's should be able to run 10.3 Panther. I might be wrong on this, so if I am please correct me.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
I think I saw or heard where every computer that can run 10.2 can run 10.3 minus the beige G3's. So all iMacs, iBooks, B&W G3's, G4's, and G5's should be able to run 10.3 Panther. I might be wrong on this, so if I am please correct me.

Those are the requirements for the developer preview. The requirements for the final version may change, but I would expect them to stay the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.