10/31-11/11 delivery date

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Halamire, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Halamire macrumors regular

Halamire

So is it even worth it to keep this pre-order? If it doesn't even come in until the end of the month?

2. BenoftheDead macrumors newbie

I'm thinking the same thing. I just don't know the logistics of cancelling the pre-order with (in my case) AT&T and seeing if another avenue will honor my upgrade.

Plus, I already paid AT&T it seems for a phone I won't get until after Halloween. I don't want to have another huge chunk of money in limbo just to get my phone a little sooner.

I want to wait it out a bit. Shipping dates are "estimated" which means we'll likely have our phones sooner than expected. Just not sure when.

3. Halamire thread starter macrumors regular

Halamire

Well I did the NEXT with this iPhone and I'll probably start getting charged this month for it and won't have it for a good two months lol

I'll sit it out and wait I guess hopefully it gets sorted out and we get it like next Friday hah

4. Rafterman macrumors 68000

The problem is, as production ramps up even more, as people cancel or drop out, that 11/1 date could become 10/1 before you know it.

5. Jizzles macrumors regular

If the dates remain the same I may just cancel my att preorder. My contract ends 10/12. If I don't get the urge to buy a launch day phone from Apple, then I'll just wait it out and save me $250 from the early upgrade.

6. Jason McAndrews macrumors member

What a frustrating clusterf*** last night was... I'm in the 10/31-11/11 boat. I'm afraid to cancel it and try another source for my purchase out of fear that AT&T will screw something up with my contract and I'll be ineligible and then I'll really be hosed. Welp, guess I just be patiently waiting until potentially the middle of November. :mad:

7. Halamire thread starter macrumors regular

Halamire

My only issue is there is not ATT store in my town that I'm in and no ATT resellers so it'll be hard to get my hands on it next week

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Since Apple's site and Apple Store app was not working for me, I ordered through ATT. The moment I finished the order, the website said 7-10 business days. This morning, the email said 21-28 days. And now, the order status says 10/31-11/11. WTF??? I'm not going to bother canceling the order and just let it happen when it happens.

9. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

I'm in the exact same boat. Said 21-28 days earlier today and now it's showing 10/31-11/11. Kind of hard to trust a company that can't do simple math.

I called to cancel my order and the rep said she could try but probably wouldn't be able to because only about 10% of orders are even showing up as being far enough along in the process to even be cancelled.

Once she came back and was surprised that mine was one of the 10% far enough along to be cancelled I told her not to cancel it in hopes that the estimated arrival date will change.

10. ThaRagingAsian macrumors 6502

ThaRagingAsian

I'm in the same position. Ordered at 4:30am from ATT, got an email confirmation and then got charged full price on my credit card. It just changed my status to PreOrder Processing, shipping on 10/31 - 11/11.

I hope thats just a place holder date until it's processed.

11. ericses macrumors newbie

I'm in the same position as the rest of y'all. Ordered last night about 20 minutes after pre-orders started. I got tired of waiting on the Apple site to be fixed so resorted to AT&T. Big mistake. I placed the order and went to bed. I woke up in the morning and saw an e-mail in my inbox saying 14-21 business days. Around 10:30 AM I get an e-mail from AT&T saying they had a problem processing my credit card. (I thought they weren't supposed to charge my credit card until they were shipping the phone? That's what the website claimed.) I went to my bank site and told them the charge is not fraudulent, contacted AT&T again and they pushed the charge through. After the order went through I checked the status and saw:

Expected Ship Date: 10/31/2014 To 11/11/2014

I also now have a $1, $399, and a $432.99 charge on my account.

I'm pretty bummed out about this. Especially considering the fact that all morning I could go to Apple.com and place an order that is estimated to arrive within 3-4 weeks. I see no way to cancel my phone with AT&T now. Fortunately, I have a working phone that will last me, but what a pain. Never again will I order through a carrier page!

12. starbai macrumors member

starbai

To call this whole situation unacceptable is an understatement.

I tried apple's website, it was down, hell it wasn't till like 8am this morning till I saw that I could get into the store.

So, I pre-ordered through ATT. It is simply unacceptable to not have these things without some sort of pre-warning that it could over a month and a half before its even shipped!

The expectation when you preorder, is that you're doing this so that you are first in line when its released. If its released on 9/19... why am I not even getting shipped till 10/31-11/11?

I know i'm whining, and I know that its pointless cuz no one at ATT could give a ****. But the whole process is so ridiculous its not even funny. I mean I understood it may not be at my door step on 9/19... but 1.5 MONTHS? what word other than ridiculous is there to describe this???? So outraged its not even funny. My order was processed at 3:10AM (ET) - I mean there's no way that 10 minutes took me THAT far down the list?! Is there?

128gb Gray 6+ here. (someday).

----------

I only have the $1 hold. But I did the next plan so thats probably why. Everything went through for me immediately at 3:10AM (didn't get the e-mail confirmation till this morning though) - so dont feel as though those hang ups pushed ur date back. 3:10 AM going smoothly wasn't good enough either.

13. 3squirrels macrumors newbie

:p with the "unacceptable" whining. Believe it or not, you're part of the reason for the site going down.

It's the same thing as complaining about sitting in your car in traffic. Don't blame traffic, YOU'RE the traffic.

14. starbai macrumors member

starbai

Wouldn't hold my breath on this one fellas.

I just got off the phone with ATT... according to the representative who was very nice and understanding, she says NO ONE regardless of pre-order from any carrier or ATT will be reciving their 6+ 128gbs till late October. She says the issue is with Apple not releasing them on day one. (9/19) and that only CERTAIN iPhones are released on 9/19 (namely the 4.7s) - I'm not buying this of course but it is what it is, what could I do? Argue with her? wouldn't make it get here any faster.

15. appledude411 macrumors regular

I'm in this boat for dates, ordered at 3:15am. Makes no sense what so ever.

So people who ordered at 9am today must be getting their phones 2016 lmao.

16. starbai macrumors member

starbai

I'm not upset about the site going down. I got through at 3:10AM and placed my order. That's more than acceptable to me. I'm pissed that I stayed up till 3AM, was "successful", and STILL some how screwed into the 10/30-11/11 bucket. And that no one (at AT&T) has a reasonable (logical/definite) explanation as to why.

Tell me that 10 minutes late was too late...
    Tell me that apple just wont be releasing them till then...

Tell me something other than 'because we tricked you into "pre-ordering" from us and leading you to believe that that means you get to be ahead of the line on 9/19 when in fact we're just taking your money early and actually have no clue when the hell ur gonna receive your device.

Surely this isn't considered standard/acceptable behavior from a company that takes hundreds of dollars a month from me and that I am supposed to trust with my business? It must be a fluke of some sort... right?

----------

I'm willing to bet they get them way before you if they ordered from Apple.

My strongest inclination here is that AT&T dropped the ball big time somewhere and just hasn't figured out how to inform people through their reps yet... I could just be cynical.

----------

Love this logic btw. They sell something that people want, and they aren't prepared to handle the demand even though they have years of experience in this and still can't figure out how to manage enough bandwidth to accept the demand. Why shouldn't I blame them? Surely a company that can be innovative enough to build a device such as this, can figure out a better way to accept orders? Or perhaps build a larger stock before releasing them so that pre-orders are handled correctly?

17. mdity macrumors newbie

I am in the same boat. I pre-ordered a iPhone 6+ 128GB in Gold around 12:30PST. Initially the confirmation page stated 7-10 business days. When I woke up this morning I had an email stating 21-28 business days and my order status on AT&T states 10/31-11-11 for shipment. I looked at my pending card charges and have one for $1.00 and another for $78.85 (I upgraded with AT&T Next). The email states that "***For preorders, charges will be processed on date of shipping and will include actual, applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges, which may vary from the quoted estimate." I'm hoping since I've been charged already that the estimate is just an inflated range due to large initial volume.

I spoke with an AT&T rep on the phone and he suggested I don't cancel my order because last year the same thing happened and people received their phones earlier than projected once all the shipment comes in and all orders become processed. I am now chatting with another rep to see if this full charge of &78.85 has any significance.

Good luck everyone!

18. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

They can't charge you until you receive/activate the phone.

19. terraphantm macrumors 68040

If you call and explain that the phone isn't even shipping until your contract expires, they may be willing to credit the difference.

20. gluckett macrumors regular

10/31-11/11 delivery date

FWIW, I received one email with an expected delivery in late October but checking the online order status now says September 17th or 18th

21. starbai macrumors member

starbai

Much better! Just rechecked mine and it now says: 10/13/14 - 10/22/14 -- I guess better than November dates but still unacceptable to me.

22. Jason McAndrews macrumors member

My date has updated a couple times since my order... My new shipping date from AT&T is now 10/2-10/13. That's not too bad I guess. With everything I've been hearing about the 6 Plus being in very short supply, I think I'd rather wait a few weeks and know I'm going to get it then canceling and take the chance of making it take even longer because I can't find one in stores and have to start over with making a new order and moving even further down in the queue. I'm not stressing over it. In the grand scheme of things it is just a phone, I'm not dying that I don't have it on day 1. I had my 4 and 5s on day 1 and it was cool. I am ok with not having every release on day 1. I was more frustrated with the issues with Apple's site, the Apple Store app and then AT&T telling me it was gonna be nearly 2 months out when I ordered less than an hour of it going on sale. I can live with a few weeks.

23. chrisgazpacho macrumors member

Same date -

Premier - 64GB SG 6+ confirmation at 9:31 est 9/12 - ETA 10/31 - 11/11

ETA has not moved, just stuck on Preparing to ship. :mad:

24. Jason McAndrews macrumors member

UPDATE! My silver 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus shipped today via Fedex! It was shipped standard overnight and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 8pm. As of yesterday afternoon my estimated ship date was still 10/2-10/13. I originally ordered my phone @ roughly 12:45 am PDT via AT&T on Sept. 12th. The first estimated date of shipping was 10/31-11/11. I am now receiving my phone a mere 6 days after launch! Good luck everyone! Hope this starts reflecting in a lot more of the orders for everyone.:D

25. faizoff macrumors regular

This was my original date range as well. Mine shipped today as well. Should be getting it tomorrow.