10.4.10 and Bluetooth - Wireless Keyboard issues?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scaredpoet, Jun 23, 2007.

1. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Well, when I said I had no problem with the 10.4.10 update, perhaps I spoke too soon. Has anyone else using an Apple Wireless Keyboard noticed any issues with using it after installing the 10.4.10 update?

I use an Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse with my MacBook Pro when I'm at my desk at home. I prefer using them both when I can because, well, it's just plain easier to type on a bigger keyboard, and I prefer using a mouse when possible. The wirelessness of both lets me keep my USB ports free.

I didn't put two and two together initially, but I've noticed that since installing the update on my MacBook Pro, the performance on my Wireless Keyboard has degraded quite a bit. With 10.4.9, I couldn't tell the difference between using a wired keyboard and a wirelsss one, but with .10, I'm noticing the keyboard frequently lags behind my keypresses and can't always keep up (and I don't type very fast).

I also noticed that every so often, my keyyyyboard will stuttttttter. A keypress will register as if I've held down the key for a while, causing the letter to repeat, even though I only gave it a quick tap.

Distance shouldn't be an issue, as my keyboard is resting just a couple centimeters from the front bezel of my MBP. My battery level was registering at 88%, but I gave it fresh batteries anyway. Still no joy.

The release notes indicate some bluetooth-related changes in the update, and I'm obviously wondering if this might be the cause. Does anyone know what specifically changed? The release notes don't seem to volunteer much info.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not sure that I can help you, but my Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse form Apple have both been behaving normally since 10.4.10. Do you have any other Bluetooth devices? :)

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mine are working in 10.4.10 also (Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse -- the one button one).

Is there any possibility there's a new source of 2.4GHz interference in or near your room? This is exactly what happens when you get interference.

4. scaredpoet thread starter macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Looks like it must've been a transient RF interference issue, because today the keyboard seems perfectly fine again. I haven't even rebooted since I last had trouble. *shrug* Anyway, thanks to all who posted.

5. greberg macrumors newbie

Help! Bluetooth Apple Keyboard

I have also notice a lot of trouble with my Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Getting "connection lost" every time I try to type. I'm not sure this is related to 10.4.10 but I started to notice this close to update from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10. I have never noticed any problems before, used the keyboard for more then 1 year now. I have tried to unpair and pair keyboard, swap to new batteries, no luck. Using a PPC Mac Mini.