10.4.10 ... Oh dear ...

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
So, this dropped into my inbox today:

Dear .Mac member:

Due to improvements being made to .Mac Sync on October 19, 2007, please note the following changes.

Mac OS X version 10.4 Tiger users:
To ensure uninterrupted service, you must be using Mac OS X version 10.4.10. To check which version you’re running, select About This Mac in the Apple menu. If you are not running version 10.4.10, click the Software Update button and install the update to 10.4.10.
Well ... I'd love to but, y'know, 10.4.10 completely FUBARed my wireless internet connection on this here MacBook and I had to purposely roll the OS back to 10.4.9.

I'm massively disappointed that Apple are now enforcing an upgrade to an OS version that they know causes significant issues for a number of users. I pay for this service, and I absolutely cannot see the point of having it if I can't access .Mac from laptop, which I won't be able to do because my wireless networking will be worse than useless ...

No-one seemed to want to answer this when I asked it elsewhere - does anyone know if Leopard fixes this bug? How about the rumoured 10.4.11 update ... can anyone shed any light without getting smacked upside the head with a rolled-up NDA?

Thanks in advance ...

Cheers

Jim

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
Upgrade to 10.5.0! :D

Problem solved!!!!!!!

The Leopard Machine I have use, did not have any Airport issues whatso ever. And 10.4.11 should be comming out sometime in the near future - do not know if it specifically fixes the 10.4.10 Airport bug tho.

Comment

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
Upgrade to 10.5.0! :D

Problem solved!!!!!!!
Err ... no offence, but were you experiencing the 10.4.10 bug in the first place? It appears to be a very esoteric glitch that affects a relatively small number of users and seems to defy identification of a common factor.

If your Airport wasn't FUBARed by the 10.4.10 upgrade, then the fact that 10.5 works fine for you doesn't really help me with this ... :(

Cheers

Jim

Comment