10.4.10 ... Oh dear ...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jim Campbell, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

So, this dropped into my inbox today:

Well ... I'd love to but, y'know, 10.4.10 completely FUBARed my wireless internet connection on this here MacBook and I had to purposely roll the OS back to 10.4.9.

I'm massively disappointed that Apple are now enforcing an upgrade to an OS version that they know causes significant issues for a number of users. I pay for this service, and I absolutely cannot see the point of having it if I can't access .Mac from laptop, which I won't be able to do because my wireless networking will be worse than useless ...

No-one seemed to want to answer this when I asked it elsewhere - does anyone know if Leopard fixes this bug? How about the rumoured 10.4.11 update ... can anyone shed any light without getting smacked upside the head with a rolled-up NDA?

Thanks in advance ...

Cheers

Jim

2. iBunny macrumors 65816

Upgrade to 10.5.0! :D

Problem solved!!!!!!!

The Leopard Machine I have use, did not have any Airport issues whatso ever. And 10.4.11 should be comming out sometime in the near future - do not know if it specifically fixes the 10.4.10 Airport bug tho.

3. Jim Campbell thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Err ... no offence, but were you experiencing the 10.4.10 bug in the first place? It appears to be a very esoteric glitch that affects a relatively small number of users and seems to defy identification of a common factor.

If your Airport wasn't FUBARed by the 10.4.10 upgrade, then the fact that 10.5 works fine for you doesn't really help me with this ... :(

Cheers

Jim