10.4.10: password repeatedly demanded while using programs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by antisocial, Jul 11, 2007.

1. antisocial macrumors newbie

Since updating to OS 10.4.10 The computer repeatedly asks me for password permission when backing up my files through Carbon Copy Cloner. I've never had this problem before and it's a huge hasstle as it's stops the backup every 15mins or so to ask for my password again, so i can't leave it running overnight as usual.

I've heard of other users who have to authorise their internet use having this same problem. I assume it only happens to me when I'm backing up as it's the only function I do that requires my password and goes for any length of time.

I'm wondering if anyone out there might have an explanation or fix?

Thanks in advance.

2. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Try moving ~/Library/Keychains to the desktop. Then restart the computer. Then you need to recreate the file so go to System Preferences>Accounts and change your password. You can keep the same password as long as you click "change password" and type it in again.

See if that works, if it does not then put the Keychains folder back and restart.

Note: you will need to reenter password and remember them to keychain after this. Like when using Safari Auto fills and such.