10.4.11 on a PowerBook: any known isues?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by p33, Nov 16, 2007.

1. p33 macrumors member

Given that the vast majority of people here seems to be discussing Intel based Macs (sadly) I thought it would be convinient if extincting PPC owners could share their 10.4.11 related issues separately.

I am in the position to upgrade the OS (with no apparent reason, I should confess, because everything works for me reasonably well with 10.4.10; just a matter of a habit, I guess). Anyway, feedback on 10.4.11@PPC issues/experiences is most welcome, good nd bad.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's been fine on my personal machine (G5 iMac) and the remaining PowerPC work machines seem fine too (G4 eMacs and iBooks). No issues at this stage. :)

3. WhiskeyMassacre macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing issues with the new security release (10.4.11) on my 15" 1.5 Ghz 2GB PowerBook G4. Every 30-60 seconds, I'll see my desktop icons completely disappear, and then whatever program I'm running, immediately switches to Finder. Also, if I'm in a Finder window and this little occurrence happens, it closes out the window. Pretty annoying if I'm trying to re-organize school files and I have to re-open the same window every minute.

Same goes with the other issue. It's not a huge issue, unless I'm in Word or posting in a forum (it's done it twice on me since starting this reply) and I have to switch back to the program.

Ben

4. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

It sounds like your Finder is probably crashing each time this happens. Are the other programs still running after this happens, or do you have to relaunch them?

5. ChocolateJesus macrumors member

I'm using a Rev. C Powerbook 12", and the latest build of Tiger works very satisfactory. It is my main machine.

Also, I use a 400mHz iMac G3, also with the latest build of Tiger, and it's very functional.. just don't bother with anything flash. :p

6. Elbert C macrumors 6502