10.4.11 + SR MBP battery bug?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chem, Nov 14, 2007.

1. chem macrumors regular

I have a 2.4 GHz SR MBP that functions totally fine, never had any problems with it, etc etc. No 3rd party apps currently running.

Anyway, since patching to 10.4.11, when running on magsafe power, I don't get a (Charged) or (###) time to charge anymore on the top menu bar. Instead, it's permanently "(Calculating...)".

The battery is fully charged. I know this because of the green light on the magsafe and the fact that it's been plugged in for many hours. If I unplug it, the battery info will display the usual #:## ETA for remaining battery life. If I plug it back in, back to "(Calculating...)"

Rebooting does not change anything. I have all Apple's updates installed, including the 1.3 Battery update (which didn't do anything good or bad for me).

Tonight I am going to run down my battery until dead and recharge/recalibrate in the morning to see if that fixes it.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas? Thanks...

2. milkmanamok macrumors newbie

My battery has been acting weird since the 10.4.10 update - the maximum time remaining never exceeded much more than 3 hours. I knew it had to be a bug, so I was very interested in your post.

Since updating to 10.4.11 tonight, I pulled my magsafe off and then reapplied it. It took about 20-30 seconds for "calculating" to be replaced with a more acceptable 5:16 remaining. So my problem appears to have been fixed, I hope.

I am using a custom power savings setting. Suggest you set yours to one of the default power settings to see if it changes anything.

3. chem thread starter macrumors regular

Fully draining the battery to calibrate it seems to have worked. Plugged it in this morning, and it shows 1:38 left to finish charging.