10.4.11 to 10.6.8 will not "Select All" to Trash-- help!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ab Ovo, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Ab Ovo macrumors newbie

Ab Ovo

NYC, NY 10014 Eastern Long Island 11937 USA
    I'm having Trash trouble!

I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 in my 24" iMac desktop running Tiger 10.4.11. It was the $29.95 disc from the Mac store. Could not have been a more simple install; I put in the disc, followed the prompts, was finished up in about an hour.

All seems fine in this last week .... BUT ..... the way I work with lots of photos, I caption many and file them .... leaving on the desktop various photos to discard.

In the past I always went to Edit and clicked on Select All and dragged any icon to the Trash, this cleaned all icons/photos from the desktop in one move.

Now I've Snow Leopard and I "Select All" now and drag to the Trash and nothing happens, there is no sound, no Trash-ing, all jumps back into desktop position. No window drops down saying there is trouble. Trash just won't take in icons/photos under Select All.

I can do each individually, no trouble.

Anyone have this trouble when upgrading to 10.8? Know of anything I can do to make Select All work?

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Ab

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you checked the "Sharing and Permissions" settings of some files and the Desktop folder via the Get Info window?