10.4.11 update froze up my Macbook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by InSaNeCyAnUr, Nov 14, 2007.

1. InSaNeCyAnUr macrumors member

After the restart, it froze up for over 20 minutes in the apple logo/gear turning. I tried resseting PRAM....booting in safe mode....and it even freezes in the single-user mode.

Last thing it's saying (in SU mode) is:
    Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleUSBTCKEyEventDriver" has no kernel dependancy

Anyone got ideas???

Thanks in advance

2. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Whoa this is so creepy. My MacBook just crashed too on start up! I can't even do anything (I'm evening typing this on my Windoze PC). The craziest thing is that I wasn't running SU, I was just playing around w/ the file sharing stuff, did a restart and bam, I'm screwed. I'm hoping my TimeMachine saves my butt right now.

3. llam macrumors newbie

solution

i have found a workaround without the need for format. insert your mac install disk 1, load it at startup, once you see the installation screen press continue until you reach the part which asks you for which drive to install. select the drive that currently has osx installed, it'll ask you to click options, once there leave the box checked with archive + install, continue with the instructions and after you're done installing it should reboot for you

after reboot (it'll take a while so grab something to eat) i noticed when i finally got into my desktop that everything was a bit slow. what i did was download the combo update from apple and installed it (360mb file or something like that). after that, reboot, it'll also take awhile so come back in five minutes. after that i noticed everything was still a bit slow and some of my icons on the dock had to be replaced but other than that do a software update and delete the "previous systems" folder that was created as a backup. after that you should be fine.