10.4 update wont install

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dustman, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

So when I go to Software Update, it doesn't show the 10.4.11 update, and when I try downloading and installing it, i get an error saying that my computer doesn't meet the requirements (I have a gig of ram, 9 gigs HD free and a powerpc processor & ofcourse, 10.4.10). anyone have any ideas on how i can get this to install? I tried downloading both the combo and the delta. neither worked:confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Restart and try again. What machine do you have?

3. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

That is an odd error message. Have you done the Disk Utility Repair Disk, Repair Disk Permissions? Running the updater with nothing else running? Reboot, hold the Shift key down, into Safe Mode? Something is wrong with your drive, the Updater is probably not the problem.

4. danny_w macrumors 601

Probably a stupid question, but are you sure that you downloaded the ppc version of the patches? AFAIK there are both Intel and PPC versions, not a universal version.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

according to the post, the OP used Software Update, so this wouldn't be an issue.

6. danny_w macrumors 601

No, it says that the update didn't show up in Software Update, so I assumed that he downloaded it manually.

7. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

my mistake!

8. bneuf macrumors newbie

same problem

The exact same thing happened to me. I have 10.4.6 and I want to upgrade to 10.4.10 and my computer is giving me the same message.

Im not so sure what to do. Is it something with my actual hardware?
    Thanks-