10.5.1 Broke DL Burning Option in iDVD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Heb1228, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I don't have a dual-layer drive, so I was surprised when iDVD '08 had been letting me select dual-layer as an option lately. (Of course I couldn't burn the disc, but I could save an image or VIDEO_TS folder.) But after upgrading this afternoon, this seems to have been 'fixed' (?). I created a new iDVD project and wanted to select dual-layer because of the length of the video, but the option was grayed out.

I know it was the 10.5.1 update because I had a bootable backup of 10.5.0 and I booted into that version, opened the same iDVD project, and the option was alive again (not grayed out). So I selected dual-layer, rebooted back into 10.5.1, and the dual-layer setting is preserved, but the option to change is still grayed out.

Does anyone have a good way to get this functionality back? Its almost like I need to fool iDVD into thinking I have a dual-layer burner somehow.

2. John01021988 macrumors 6502

First: Post what drive do you have ( Under About this mac, More Info, Burning)

3. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I have a 2x Superdrive. Here's the info from About This Mac:

4. John01021988 macrumors 6502

why do you want to fool iDVD when you dont have a DL drive, leopard .1 fixed this small issue, so I dont think there is a way to fool iDVD unless you go back to .0

5. BigTRQ macrumors regular

So your SuperDrive can't burn DL DVD's, yet you want the option to be there for you to select? Interesting. Seems as though Apple fixed a bug with 10.5.1.

6. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Exactly, so there has to be a way to fool it again. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of an easy way to do it.

Obviously, I want to be able to save the disc image so I can burn it later when I do have access to a DL drive. Its a good thing you guys aren't detectives for a living.