10.5.1 questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zub3qin, Nov 1, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

When tiger first came out how long was it before apple released a .1 upgrade? Do they typically wait for months for issues to accumulate or is it reasonable to see something in a week or two?

Also how much will things change in leopard over the next year? For instance will apple get rid of or radically change things like stacks or is that too much of a change? Did anything dramatically change cosmetically in tiger over its lifespan?

2. ktrix macrumors newbie

Wikipedia knows: about two weeks.

3. reh macrumors 6502a

Apple releases OS updates on the Thursday following a full moon in odd numbered months.

4. cruelmemory macrumors member

These updates are programed by a tribunal of Apple Programmers that meet at an undisclosed location (*cough*STARBUCKS!*cough*) where they spend HOURS programing in a single day. These masters of their trade go by the codename M.A.C. (Men Advancing Code). A new group forms with each major release of Mac OS X. A Council reviews "applicants" and once decided, the OS can go GM. Bill Gates has inquired many times attempting to join but after seeing what has happened with Windows, he is denied time and time again...

OK, I'm done.:p

5. kittiyut macrumors regular

kittiyut

VERY FUNNY. :rolleyes: I had a good laugh reading this :)

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It seems that Panther 10.3 did the same about 2 weeks after the release. However 10.3.2 was a full 5 weeks after .1 and 10.4.2 was about 2 months after .1.

The .2 updates may have been more significant from my recollection as the .1 usually is for stability and immediate bug fixes. The .2 updates tend to address a wider range of issues.

7. kolax macrumors G3

They got a lot to sort out for .1.

Might take them more than a few weeks.

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That is hardly the point I was referring too with my answer and does not have any relevance to the question posed anyway. Just because Apple released the update for Tiger in X amount of time does not mean that they will take the same amount of time to release an update for Leopard.

9. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

LOL...that was a good one:D