10.5.1 When?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wakerider017, Nov 3, 2007.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Has this been seeded to developers yet?

Anyone have a clue (estimate) when it will be released to the public.

There are a couple of bug fixes that would be really nice to have fixed..

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

no
    not for a while

just keep praying for a software update for each bug now

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

My guess is Monday 19th...Disk Utility really needs a fix, and there are other problems all over the place...

4. loft3 macrumors regular

God, lets hope it's SOON! Buggiest 10.x release ever. Don't get me wrong, I love it, just buggy as all hell...

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Definitely NOT the buggiest release ever. Leopard is actually running pretty well. The majority of the problems people are experiencing are due to third party apps that haven't been updated to be compatible yet. If you want to blame anyone, blame Steve Jobs for not giving those developers time with the GM before it was unleashed on the public.

6. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Maybe for some, but as far as I go, I've experienced less bugs in Leopard than I did on Tiger. I occasionally would get kernal panics in Tiger, sometimes even when just trying to turn the system off. With Leopard, I have yet to experience one kernal panic, and I've been testing the crap out of it. Personally I don't things its all that buggy.

7. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I don't think there are many 3rd party apps in a clean Leopard install.. and still my Leopard is so unstable...

8. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

10.4.1 was released just a few weeks after the official 10.4.0 launch..

9. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Unstable no... (unless you own one of those wacky iMacs)

Bugs yes...

There are a lot of problems with 3rd party apps too... Can't really blame apple for that.

10. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

From what I've heard 10.4.0 was much worse than 10.5.0 in terms of stability and bugs...

11. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I hope it's soon with a fix for the firewall. Also there are small things here and there that get me, but over all a good 10.X release.

12. theman macrumors 6502a

i have stability issues, and my MBP freezes up every time it wakes from sleep, so i have to force shutdown with the power button. man....

also having tons of problems with boot camp, but that's probably on the windows side of things.

I would also like for my 2D side dock to not be black.

13. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

I'm running a MacPro 2.66 and so far have had few if any problems. I suppose most people who are having trouble it's probably machine related. I notice that most of the complaining is coming from iMacs or people who don't know how to use the software.

The only major issue I've had is Mail. In Tiger, I finally had it configured to catch most junk mail. In Leopard, I lost those settings and have had to go back and reconfigure it. Also, I haven't been able to empty the junk mail folder without selecting all of the junk mail headers and hitting the delete key. In Tiger, all I had to do was "right" click on the junk mail folder and choose delete junk mail. Now the option to delete junk mail is grayed out even if the folder is selected and contains junk mail.

Buggiest software ever? No. A few issues here and there... yes.

14. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Let me guess... you're on an iMac or PPC?

15. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

from my experience 10.5.0 is (a lot) worse then 10.4.0 in terms of bugs. Both are the same stability wise (i.e no problems there).

16. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Umm... if you're calling my airport card kernel extensions, disk utility, and Time Machine third party apps, then yes, you're right. :rolleyes:

I've had to do some sort of reinstall or crazy duct-tape fix nearly everyday because of my airport problems. I haven't even been able to use Time Machine yet, and disk utility can't fix a thing on my MBP. 10.5.1 can't come soon enough.

I'm curious what computers the developers are all developing/testing on? I haven't heard anyone complain about problems with their MP yet. Hmm...guess that'll be my next purchase.;)

17. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Have you tried waiting a loooooong time?

18. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Well for you it may be having more issues than 10.4.0, but I've had few issue with Leopard on my MBP. I've actually seen some issues fixed with leopard, especially with the Airport wireless. The only issues I've had is with a few 3rd party programs.

19. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

while that is true all i can saw is that I didn't come across any bugs/stability issues in Tiger until i switched to intel at about 10.4.6. 10.5.0 is hell of a lot better than that. Just need stable airport, properly compiled libcrypto.0.9.dylib (copied the old one from Tiger), data dectors that see dd/mm sorted and most of the issues i'm coming against on a daily basis will melt away.

20. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Yeah, it actually runs and does its thing in around five minutes for me, but it won't fix a thing.
    For more reading on this check out this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=375608

21. kheller2 macrumors newbie

Looking at the .1 release dates (according to wikipedia) they typically come out within 4 weeks. 10.2.1 was 6 weeks I think.

22. adamfishercox macrumors 6502