10.5.2 Bluetooth can`t be switched off

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whiteangel777, Feb 14, 2008.

1. whiteangel777 macrumors member

whiteangel777

since the update on 10.5.2 i can`t switch off my bluetooth anymore. i just can change the "visible" option. luckily i still can use it. but is this a normal behaviour? is this hw it should be?

whity

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

that's odd.

have you tried repairing permissions?

http://upc.*************/uploads/sexy/kissy.gif​

3. quinnj macrumors newbie

i have the opposite problem since i updated to 10.5.2 i havent been able to turn on my bluetooth.

4. ctconline macrumors newbie

I have the opposite problem as well. Bluetooth is off and can't be turned on. This sucks. How do I fix this?

5. hogmog macrumors member

Funny you should mention this - discovered today whilst restarting etc to get wireless keyboard woken up. You can turn off Bluetooth using menu bar icon but then cannot use the same method to turn it back on. What you have to do is launch System Preferences, then launch the Bluetooth dialogue - in the dialogue next to the big Bluetooth icon is a tickbox called On. Click on it to put a tick in it and you are away again. A rubbish approach but it seems to work until the problem is fixed.

Don't know about anybody else but Leopard seems to be going down hill, failing to fix the things that make it a backward step from Tiger. If I had the time would put Tiger back on and put L down. Wished I had never gone there.

6. firesong macrumors member

I've been turning bluetooth on and off without problems the last few days, no issues.

7. ctconline macrumors newbie

I'm starting to feel the same way. I was able to tolerate some of the annoyances before, but this bluetooth thing totally sucks!

I'm not able to turn mine on even in the BT preferences pane. It seems to be available when I first go into the pane, but then it quickly grays everything out. Also, mine doesn't have a tick box that says On, but instead a tick box that says Blue. Not sure what that means, but no matter what it says, it's grayed out and I can't click crap.

8. bassett macrumors newbie

can't turn bluetooth on Mac G5 since 10.5.2 update

hi

Had no bluetooth or the ability to turn bluetooth on in the preferences section, tick box was grayed out. Only way i could get bluetooth back on was to turn bluetooth file sharing off then back on ( had to use the sharing section in system preferences), dialog box says "bluetooth off do you want to switch on" after accepting this bluetooth came back on and so far so good still working

9. firewuff macrumors newbie

Bluetooh problems

I've also got a related problem, Bluetooth turns on and off fine but cant turn discoverable off and cant turn sharing on through any dialogue.

Becomming a real pain at work as I cant send files to my desktop.

Tried to repair permissions but no effect (although disk util on the 8 core Mac Pro took longer than my macbook).

Any help appreciated

BRETT