10.5.2 - Flawless execution

Discussion in 'macOS' started by one1, Feb 14, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

After seeing all these threads about people's apps getting killed, and things going nuts I spent the better part of an hour testing everything on my computer to see if I had any issues and I had NO ISSUES in any way whatsoever with the update. I can't even find any differences in before the update..... which is how it should be. :)

What I have done is check every single app for compatibility issues and since there are too many to list I have provided the following screen shots to show what apps have no issues at all with the .2 update.

I'm providing these so if you DO have an issue you can refer here to see if it indeed does run correctly when setup properly rather than blame Leo or your app. Most of the time I find issues surface when people have a malicious system hack or didn't properly install their software. (this is not always the case of course).

Here is a few screens of apps that DID NOT get broken during the upgrade and should not be giving you trouble in any way. I feel my list is important since I have some higher dollar software.

Feel free to add "Apps that work" to this thread so people that may have issues can refer to this thread if they have an app that does not work and see it does indeed work properly and they can troubleshoot the issue rather than blame Leo or the app.

(click for larger image)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gregneedham macrumors newbie

I agree. Multiple machine upgrades in a production environment (ad agency) and we have had no problems whatsoever. On a couple machines, they were simply updated using the Software Update, not the combo update and they are functioning as before. No software problems, no Time Machine problems, nada.

3. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I can vouch for this as well, upgraded MacBook Pro to 10.5.2 without an issue.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Between work and home machines, I upgraded:

2 Mac mini 2.0GHz C2Ds
    1 2.33GHz C2D MBP
    1 2.4GHz C2D SR MBP
    1 24" 2.4GHz Alu iMac
    1 Dual G4 Mac Pro 1.0GHz (mirrored drive doors)

No issues on any. Upgraded through Software update.

And in retrospect: Wow. I've been an official "switcher" for only a year, and have managed to amass one hell of a collection of Macs. :)

5. knucklehead macrumors 6502a

OK - I'll be the one to point out the fairly obvious.

Spending less than an hour to check out 90+ Apps .... seconds per App .... might be a hair quick to declare things flawless.

6. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

no problems upgrading my mb either. i seriously wonder whats wrong with all those people's computers who are complaining..

7. Megatron macrumors regular

Yep, another upgrade with no issues at all. Just downloaded and restarted and everything works great, even snappier :D

8. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

...and I'll point out the even more obvious...... 3/4 of those apps are under 500kb which open instantly and can be blown completely through in less than 45 seconds. The final few larger ones can be opened two at a time and ran through (unless you are on an old PPC computer or something, which I am not).

How long does it take you to open senuti? LOL :)

9. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

I like to call it "Mac Crack" :D

10. knucklehead macrumors 6502a

I really don't think most people would equate a program actually opening, with "flawless execution" or "NO ISSUES in any way whatsoever".

Brand new 2.2 MacBook - Latest in a long line of Macs for me.

11. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Nearly everything is flawless.

But I do get applications crashing, and sometimes get an issue with unplugging external monitors and not being able to get my brightness up.

Apart from that, it is solid.

12. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

broken apps should be exceptions, assumptions are always: others work properly

Your post makes it like only limited apps work properly under leopard. Indeed isn't very much helpful.

13. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

You didn't read it at all did you? The apps above work flawlessly just as they did before the update. If they give you trouble after the update it is not the update it is the program. These are confirmed working.

14. mbpcron macrumors member

mbpcron

No 10.5.2 update issues. System is faster but

I noticed free RAM was a little less after the updates. Double checked it to make sure.
    was 2.67GB free.
    now 2.64GB free.

But faster system is worth it. Maybe they put more of the OS in RAM?

15. mbpcron macrumors member

mbpcron

Correction to my previous post. Free RAM is the same

Rebooted one more time and now it reads about the same. Close enough. Very happy update here!

Woo hoo !:)

16. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

free memory is a common misconception of being the total amount of RAM left. inactive memory + free memory is actually the total amount of RAM left. inactive memory is cached and used to your advantage http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107918.

17. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

I just got my Mac Pro two days ago and immediately installed 10.5.2 and the graphics update. I have no errors to report, everything works normally, and quickly!