10.5.2 forgets WEP password?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 4now, Feb 15, 2008.

1. 4now macrumors regular

My MBP SR 2.2 did not connect to my Linksys WRT54G router on today's login. I have already logged in dozens of times since Monday's upgrade without a wireless issue.
    Under airport I saw my network listed with a lock.
    Selected it - and was told that a WEP password was required.

That's so strange.

Is Leopard supposed to dump your saved Keychains occasionally

Also when I upgraded my wives MBP to 10.5.2 it did not connect on the first restart - but all I had to do was find the secured network and click on it - and it remembered the password.

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

3. 4now thread starter macrumors regular

I repaired permissions immediately after the upgrade.

It is remembering my password again - so I'll see how it goes.

I wonder if it happened because I launced my email client too early - and it tried to connect before airport was up and running ??

4. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Not sure. You might also try going into the Network section of System Preferences, clicking on AirPort, click on the Advanced button, and then delete all your Preferred Networks. Also, I'd highly recommend unchecking "Remember any network this computer has joined", otherwise your Mac will automatically connect to a known wireless access point without your interaction. This can become a problem when there are a lot of people who leave their wireless router's SSID set to the default.

5. acady macrumors newbie

hi!
    I had the same problem. Deletiing all previous networks, uncheck the "atomatically remember all previously used networks" and using NOT the assistant to find your hidden network solved it. use "define new network" instead.
    g