10.5.2 has killed my wireless :(

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maximus06, Feb 13, 2008.

1. maximus06 macrumors regular

I had minor wireless problems in 10.5.1 (sometimes after a wake-up, wireless didint connect and i had to sleep/re-wakeup).

Anyways, now i get disconnected once every 20-60 seconds. Its sooo bad. The wireless icon doesn't show it, but I can't access the net every x minutes. I'm pretty sure its the update, because I've never had this problem before.

What can I do?

2. cwheatley macrumors member

you're not alone.

i didn't have ANY problems previous to 10.5.2, but since then, my wireless drops every ~10 minutes.

3. ben2umbc macrumors newbie

Everything was working fine on my old Powerbook G4 running 10.4.x until it died in November. So I bought a new Powerbook with 10.5.0 and from the start I could not use secure WAP, so I downgraded my security to WEP and all was good again. Well 10.5.1 fixed the WAP problem for me, so I stayed happy with that for a while. Now, 10.5.2 and my net is slower than EVER!!!! I feel like I'm back at 28.8kbs again. Those were the days.

4. maximus06 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the past hours it hasnt been so bad (every 30 mins drop)...but still this is absurd from a "matured" OS.

5. Vitek macrumors newbie

you're not alone my friend, i'm having the same problem

6. edcoche macrumors regular

edcoche

My problems include wireless and HEAT. When streaming a video on youtube or anywhere else my CPu temp rises all the way up to an unprecedented 175 degrees!!!! I have only noticed this while streaming video. As the video begins I can literally watch the cpu temp rise with each second. Then the LOUD fan kicks in. This is very annoying. Never before have I had this problem until Monday night when I updated leopard. :mad:

7. maximus06 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Because this has always been the case (i dont know how hot) with heavy flash based animations (like videos). Flash is terrible on os-x...whenever i play a flash game the fans come on. Sad.

8. Blackjack75 macrumors newbie

Killed it for me too

I am on a first gen MacBook pro 2ghz. Wireless used to work fine before the 10.5.2 update. Now after a moment it doesn't completely drop. It just slows down terribly. It copies files at 40kb/sec from my (wired) mac mini.

To get it back I have to restart my router (us robotics 8054).

Anyone found solution (other than reinstalling the OS and not updating)?

9. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

mine too is messed up!!! :mad::mad::mad:

apple fixed the wireless problem for some minorities and left the majority stranded - wired, haha

anyway it takes like 1 minute to connect to my router instead of instantaneously in 10.5.1 when i opened my macbook's lid. how annoying.

10. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Really? My wireless has improved a bit. It's not close to perfect, but upgrading router firmware helped. 10.5.2 might have as well.

11. crarcher macrumors newbie

I re-set my router - (DLink WBR-2310) took it off auto scan channels and put it on just one channel (11). Since then it has disconnected once after not being used all night and waking up.

I have an IMAC 20" White. Set up my mom's White Macbook this week-end as after the 10.5.2 update hers did not disconnect at all.