10.5.2 - iCal duplicate entries HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by natallica, Feb 13, 2008.

1. natallica macrumors 6502

Hey everyone -

I just upgraded my Macbook to 10.5.2 and now iCal shows duplicate entries for everything and the left pane shows 2 of each calendar name. Bigger issue is that I sync iCal via .Mac and it now wants to add these same duplicate entries to my Mac Mini running 10.4.11. :eek:

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks!

-- N

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I had this problem when I reformatted my computer. I restored my calendar from my backups, but when I synced my iPhone it duplicated everything. You should just be able to remove the copies of the iCal highlight and it will remove the duplicate entries from your calendar.

TEG

3. eme jota ce macrumors regular

Same problem - iCal duplicated my calendars

I had the same problem and have not had success in fixing it.

The obvious solution of just deleting one copy of duplicated calendar did NOT work for me because, somehow, the duplicated calendars only duplicated SOME of the events, not all.

Very strange.

Can Time Machine restore iCal to the pre-10.5.2 state? I can't seem to get it to do that, but haven't actually used TM, although it has been connected and backing up since Leopard was released.

4. ColonelSmith macrumors member

There is probably a script you can run to go through and remove all double entries. If I find one I'll come back and post it.

5. natallica thread starter macrumors 6502

I seem to have solved it by deleting the duplicate calendar from the left pane...

-- N

6. Roger Moore macrumors newbie

I use iCal on my home Macbook & iMac and use iCal sync'd with Entourage on my Powerbook G4 in the office (office system is MS Exchange which I use Entourage on and the sync works fine between Entourage & iCal on my Powerbook G4).

So idea is I have 3 mac's on which I can use iCal (with work related calendar sync'd from Entourage). I figured I needed to elect a "common" directory to use on every sync conflict (i.e. conflicts appear between .mac, entourage & iCal). Therefore to me it made sense to continually elect .mac as all would then sync to the same source.

This isn't working and I'm continually getting 300 conflicts appear every day even though I sync to .mac? It would take me a long time to go through and identify every conflict and then delete in the respective calendar.

Any other ideas gratefully received...thanks

7. Roger Moore macrumors newbie

Just noticed that a whole number of my conflicts appear to be related to team meetings where .mac classifies somebody as an "optional participant" and iCal classifies them as a "required participant".

Could it be that iCal doesn't recognise "optional participant" and therefore will never cope with the sync?

8. eigel macrumors newbie

Duplicate Delete iCal and then sync back to entourage plus all the other things I use

First off I would like to thank all of you out there that program this stuff!

This is the thing I have been looking for: A duplicate deleter in iCal that can then sync back to entourage and delete those duplicates also. :eek: :apple:

http://www.nhoj.co.uk/applescripts/

I have done a lot of searching for duplicate stuff in general and here is the list of the best programs I have found - some you pay for but are hands down worth it.

Iphoto Must Haves!
    iPhoto Library Manager
    wow amazing product:) :apple:
    Duplicate Annihilator
    Deletes duplicate photos in Iphoto! I had 7000 duplicates and it did it perfectly :D :apple:

Itunes:
    Dupin
    Great program for deleting itunes Multiple tracks :apple:

i am still searching for other good easy stuff.
    FYi:
    I am using MacBook Pro with Leopard and the newest Ical Iphoto and itunes