10.5.2 issues for some

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Feb 22, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Why is it that 10.5.1 ran better for me but for others not and now with the update it runs better for those others but for me it got a little worse?

Doesn't apple test leopard on all machines, making sure they behave the same?

I can't believe they also still haven't fixed the damn waking-from-sleep issue on macbook pro's. It's existing ever since i can remember and when i was on tiger. Why do i have to restart every second time just because os-x won't wake from sleep properly? And if, all the visual responses are choppy and laggy.

My oh my it can be frustrating sometimes.

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah, the not-waking-from-sleep thing is really getting on my nerves. I've been noticing it more and more.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

If 10.5.2 is working well for a lot of people and not for some then it's obviously not the operating system alone however there could be other artifacts on your computer causing issues. I have an iMac and my friends got a MBP and 10.5.2 works great and I was just in the Apple store and their MBP's had no issue with wake and sleep as I tested it out.
    Why not do an erase, reformat and install?

4. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

No thanks. I don't have so much time on my hands to do a complete installation again. I did it at leopard launch so why am i supposed to do that again just because apple can't do it's work properly?

I'm on a macbook pro with no third-party hardware addons. Therefore can i expect os-x to behave properly and stable?
    I mean the waking from sleep issue has been existent now for so long, how can they've not noticed that and fixed it?

5. kolax macrumors G3

Try installing Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update. This sometimes helps fix some problems, as it combines all previous updates and 10.5.2 as well.

6. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

do you suggest this doing while having 10.5.2 installed? and does it work flawlessly or give problems?
    i really don't want to revert to 10.5.1 in order to do this.

let me know,
    kthxbye

7. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

It just over-writes the files again, shouldn't be much of an issue. You may need to re-run Software Update again, but other than that this can fix a lot of issues (especially if you installed an update like 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 with SU and have had problems with the system)

8. kolax macrumors G3

Yes.

Just download the update from the link, and it reinstalls all previous updates including 10.5.2.

9. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Okay here's another suggestion if re-downloading 10.5.2 hasn't helped. Try repairing the disk.
    You'll have to put in your restore disk and go to the install screen and choose "Utilities" in the menu bar then choose "Disk Utility" and then highlight the HDD on the sidebar and then choose "Repair Disk" in the bottom right hand side.
    This will repair your HDD of any errors (if any) and will let you know if there were errors and what errors there were.

Remember this is not Repair Permissions so you can't do this in Disk Utility in Finder you can only repair the disk from the install screen.

Try and be open to all options especially if many people aren't having this issue then it's not widespread.

10. lssmit02 macrumors 6502

Sometimes problem is unrelated

I just want to second that reinstalling an update from the combo updater, right over your existing update installation, can do the trick. That has worked for me in the past. But I will also say that sometimes the problems are merely coincidental with an update. I spent hours cursing Apple the other night, convinced that my Mac Pro's airport was dropping out do to the 10.5.2 update, because my problems started right after I did the update. At 2 in the morning, I finally unplugged my cordless phone on my desk, and the problems miraculously disappeared. Some how, either as a consequence of doing the update and restarting, or for some other reason, the phone starting interfering with my wireless connection (I've had the phone on my desk next to my Mac Pro for over a year, no problem). I had reinstalled the update, changed settings on the airport extreme, etc. Solution was simple, unrelated to the update, and did not come back when I plugged the phone in. Completely maddening.

11. grizzly21 macrumors newbie

wifi - not working since software update

I have a similar issue: I cant reach the wifi router (D Link DI 624-20) since I downloaded version 10.5.2 ...
    It cant find it...when I run windows wifi works perfectly.
    what the f*ck is apple doing nowadays? I switched to mac in order to forget that piece of ***** called microsoft windows, now I should forget about mac as well and turn to linux or what?
    cant believe it

12. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

Re: MBP wake from sleep issues, I came across this fix http://www.windley.com/archives/2007/10/fixing_macbook_pro_sleep_problems.shtml in another thread and it seems to have helped me.

My sleep problem was intermittent though. I suspect that deleting that RAM dump file may have actually done trick since I then changed back to the default sleep mode and haven't had problems since (that was only three and a bit days ago, though). I figure if they come back, I'll go back to the old style sleep mode.