10.5.2 Keyboard and sleep problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jawzzy, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jawzzy macrumors regular

So I updated to 10.5.2 and I started having all kinds of issues. I have all the updates installed, including the Keyboard firmware update.

1. Most common was that my keyboard and mouse would freeze up for 10 or 20 seconds before working again. Sometimes the mouse would start working but the keyboard would stay frozen until I did a restart. Sometime I would try to log out to see if that would fix it, but it would just get stuck on the blue screen until I held the power button.

This problem also occurs in Windows Bootcamp, suggesting a firmware issue?

2. The keyboard ejects my superdrive randomly, even if I have nothing in it. I see the little eject overlay icon and the superdrive makes the noise. although I have not touched the eject button.

3. Whenever I try to wake up my laptop , the keyboard will not respond to type in my password nor will the mouse move.

4. I get occasional kernel panics, how do I look up what they were about?

I have reset the SMC and the PRAM, and it did not help. My computer seems slow all around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! My work is suffering as a result!

2. benoitgphoto macrumors 6502

Have you tried to run Apple Hardware utility test ?
    My second suggestion is to download the Combo updater (10.5.2) from Apple and install it.

3. jawzzy thread starter macrumors regular

Just tried the hardware test, said there were no problems found.

I already installed 10.5.2 and the graphics update, are you saying I should try again with the Combo Updater? Would this just overwrite the other update? Could it fix /improve the problem?

Thanks

4. benoitgphoto macrumors 6502

Yes it could fix some problems. It will overwrite files.

5. jawzzy thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, it seems much better!

The sleep mode works normally now, but the mouse and keyboard freeze occasionally, but much less.

Thanks!

If anyone has anymore suggestions, keep them coming!

6. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Sometimes when I wake my mbp from sleep, the screen just stay black. So, it seems like there are a few issues relating to sleep.

7. thatinkjar macrumors member

I had the same problems. After looking into it, a number of people suggested removing the iStat Pro Dashboard widget. I did this, and I haven't had a single sleep problem since.

Probably worth a try if you're using this widget.