10.5.2 killed bluetooth

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Europe calling, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

Since the update i have no more bluetooth connections. :confused:
    I had hoped the update would solve the issues (kernel panics) i had.
    Now i have no wireless mouse at all.
    (Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse)

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. Europe calling thread starter macrumors regular

Europe calling

I can't because the software control panel (Logitech Control Center (version 2.4)) does not work anymore.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I thought you can add a bluetooth device just from OSX system preference panel? I didn't install any logitech app for my BT logitech mice.

5. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

either reinstall any drivers, or do as said above and manually "find" the bluetooth device.

6. Europe calling thread starter macrumors regular

Europe calling

Got it to work!
    There is a (new?) program in 10.5.2 called 'bluetooth explorer'.
    With that i could get it to pair again. Time will tell if it keeps working...
    Fingers crossed ;)

7. ctconline macrumors newbie

I removed all of my BT devices and re-added them. All was working great and then I rebooted. Now BT is off again and can't be turned back on. Are you kidding me? I'm not going to remove and re-add BT ALL of my BT devices after every reboot. It's a freaking PowerBook that I'm using!!! Meaning that I reboot it constantly.

8. kman79 macrumors regular

I'm having issues as well since I updated to 10.5.2

Prior to the update, I had zero issues with my Bluetooth connection. I use a DiNovo Edge keyboard that connects straight to MBP Bluetooth connection, I'm not using the dongle. Prior to the update, it worked flawlessly. Now my BT connection is just all messed up.

About 80% of the time, upon booting into OS X, if the BT connection is not quickly used, the BT icon has the faded look with a squiggly line going across it. When clicked, it says "Bluetooth: Not Available". A restart solves the issue, but you quickly have to establishing a BT connection with any device to keep it active. I rely heavily on the Bluetooth function since I tether for internet service when I'm not home.

No other changes were made to my MacBook Pro besides the update to leopard, and it worked flawlessy prior to the update.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

9. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

Not that its much help, but I've had zero Bluetooth problems on my SR Mac Book Pro at all, including after the update to 10.5.2?

I use a wireless mighty mouse extensively, and generally (through laziness if nothing else) tend to leave Bluetooth on all the time.

I've also had no issues connecting to a couple of cell phones I tried as a test?

(I know this isn't any help to those with problems, but I thought it worth posting that Bluetooth *can* work with 10.5.2!)

10. karmakaze macrumors newbie

Try disabling Discoverable

I was having the same "Bluetooth: Not available" problem with my diNovo Edge on my MacBook 10.5.2.
    Unchecking the Discoverable option in the menu fixed it. :)