10.5.2. Should I wait?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jazzandmetal?, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

I don't have an external hard drive to run time machine nor do I know much about cleaning out boot caches or reinstalling things. I had to have a coworker install my wireless router. Is it worth the update or am I asking for trouble if I do it? I am a serious computard.

2. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

Install the update, it's freakin awesome!
    WEEEE!

3. sowillo14 macrumors regular

You really have no reason to wait. I haven't tried a TM back up yet, but Safari hasn't crashed once, and I'm really happy to have list view back in the dock folders. Good update.

4. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

Wireless

I am nervous because of all the reports of people no having their wireless routers recognized. There are alot of them on the apple forum.:apple:

5. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

10.5.2 includes lots of bug fixes and updates that will make your computing experience easier. There shouldn't be a problem installing the update.

Regardless, you have some sort of backup routine right? Even burring a CD once and while or using an iPod. Don't learn the hard way.

6. charlieMonroe macrumors newbie

I wouldn't (and I didn't) wait a minute. There's a lot of bug fixes and "new" features...

7. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

Combo vs software update?

WHat is the difference? Is one better?

8. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

update ijstalled on both blackbook and imac (both 180mb updates)

no problems whatsoever..

don't wait.. just do it(tm) :D

9. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

done

I just installed it. Took about 15 minutes. Did the leopard after that. That one took like 2 minutes if even.

10. a4abt macrumors regular

I installed 10.5.2 and I'm having issues with it. My external monitor resolution cannot be changed (it uses the same resolution as the MBP's screen). I called Apple and they could not help me out with that.

I re-installed Leopard and 10.5.1. :(

11. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I've got 10.5.2 installed on my MacBook Pro and it's running without issue, I've noticed a lot of fixes including:

1. Screen doesn't give a bright flash before dimming when resuming from sleep (instead, it now fades, and looks very nice).
    2. Screen doesn't automatically 'hard-dim' (go from one brightness to half brightness), instead of it fades to the brightness level.
    3. Bluetooth doesn't act up when resuming from sleep.
    4. Although I never had a lot of trouble with AirPort before, I will say that networking is a lot more reliable, connection seems faster and AirPort connection is faster as well (I'm typing this while connected to a free wireless access point located in a cafe 5 minutes down the road.)
    5. The fluidity of visual effects is a lot smoother after applying 10.5.2 and the Leopard Graphics Update.
    6. It takes less time for Mac OS X to go to sleep and resume.
    7. Applications are loading a lot faster after applying 10.5.2, repairing permissions, and cleaning out the cache.
    8. Safari feels more solid -- doesn't slow down when loading multiple pages containing Adobe Flash updates.
    9. Expose animations are smoother overall.
    10. The entire operating system feels more solid.

I'd go for it, this update offers so many fixes and overall it just makes the experience better.

12. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Overall I am very happy with the 10.5.2 update. My Mac Pro seems to be more stable and the new small features are also very welcome. The Graphics Update has made Spaces a lot faster than before. I am overall happy.

13. shecky Guest

shecky