10.5.2 Stacks Looks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Feb 11, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

ok i like the new list additions and options for the stacks.

however i don't like the new look. why did they change it? looks like a step backwards. the previous one with the smooth gradient was much nicer.

i also don't understand why the new stacks has shadows. i prefer without.

2. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Any chance of a screenshot? I haven't got my MBP anymore and I'd love to know what I'm missing out on - whether it's positive or negative!

3. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

it's not a big of a deal, the new stacks bezel/ background looks fine.

but the old one looked better imho. it didn't have a white border line (like now) and also had a nice gradient that made it look more like something you want to lick.

4. BullBoyKennels macrumors member

On the stacks I do really like the folder view it make it much easier to know what that particular stack is.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't care how the new stacks look because I wanted folder and list views. I have them, and I couldn't be happier. Now I can actually see what's in my stacks (which are, in fact, just folders).

6. theman macrumors 6502a

i LOVE the new stacks. i don't care what it looks like. it gives me everything i wanted, list view, the ability to order by name, type, date, etc., the ability to make the icon look like a folder so you can tell what it is...

thank you apple!

7. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

They're alright...

They should allow you to order your stack though so that you can have the things you want showing in it - particularly the applications stack.

Maybe a system preference to allow this so that you can choose what you do and don't want in your stack. For the applications stack, it could be like an addition to the dock... then you have the "Show in finder" button for the other ones.