10.5.2 Update Screwed my Mac, Options?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nimbuscloud, Mar 17, 2008.

1. nimbuscloud macrumors regular

Good morning,

I tried running the 10.5.2 update on my 1.6Ghz G5 PowerMac. After trying to install, it gave an error and said that it couldn't and that the volume that I was trying to install from might be corrupted. :confused: I tried to install from Software Updater under the Apple Menu. Since that didn't work, I went to Apple's website to download the combo 10.5.2 updater.

Same error. :mad:

So the next day, I restarted my Mac, and it can't get past the grey Apple screen with the spinning gear. I tried repairing the HDD from the Leopard disc and it gave a bunch of red errors. :mad:

Luckily, I have two HDDs on my Mac with 10.5, but the second HDD had problems with 10.5 also and it will only let me log in as a secondary user account that I made, not my primary administrative account. :(

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting Disk Warrior to try to see if that might first my primary HDD, but I want to get my stuff (like my iTunes media) off the HDD before I do that in case it screws something else up. Should I just get a Time Capsule to move all my data to? I'm thinking about getting a new computer within the next two months, but I don't want to risk losing my iTunes data and other information.

Any help would be great. :eek:

:apple:

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i would back up ASAP! either through TC or a standard HDD Sounds like the disk is dying.
    When i was upgrading my parents stock 20" imac to leopard from tiger. I would get an error saying it failed so i took it to apple and they replaced the drive.