10.5.2 Works Great!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mnkeybsness, Feb 11, 2008.

1. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

I just wanted to say that I upgraded two Intel iMacs (White and Silver) and neither had any problems at all. Both seem a little faster and the improvements to stacks are awesome!

Hope many more of you are experiencing it the way I am!

2. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

It's downloading now, I hope it's the same for me too!!!

3. Big Bad D macrumors regular

It works fine for me too. 10.5.2 installed using Software Update this morning on both iMac G5 and MacBook Pro without any installation problems and everything seems to be working fine. No problems with Time Machine, iCal, etc. as is being reported in other threads.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

My computer melted, I set off some missiles, cats and dogs started to live together, mass hysteria.

Naw, actually I had no problems either. If I could only say the same about using a USB hub with an AEBS, that would be swell. Still, the Leopard upgrade has been *knock on wood* a breeze.

5. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

mine feels a little bit faster, but I feel its also using a little more RAM, which ain't too big a deal

6. Macinposh macrumors 6502a

That still hasnt been repaired?!!!

So AEBS is still borkerd and doesnt reconginze external usb drives?

Well, that means I´m going to take back the aebs and have it changed to the timecapsule.. Bastards... 6 months and they wont fix a thing they advertize and brag about...Sheesh...

7. jeffh83 macrumors newbie

I have a hunch that it might have speed up the system

Just downloaded the OS X 10.5.2 Leopard update. Apple says in includes loads of bug fixes, but I don't feel a real change. Actually, I have a hunch that it might have speed up the system. Did anyone feel the same?

8. kwfl macrumors 6502

so far so good, havent done a permission repair yet.

9. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Mine runs good so far after downloading the 10.5.2 patch and then the video patch. Only thing so far I notice is my video running a little warmer in some cases. Still verifying if they fixed the network issues concerning working with Windows PC Shares. But I am hopeful!

Bill......:apple:

10. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

lol... Who you gonna call..... GHOSTBUSTERS :cool:

11. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Yay! 10.5.2 + Graphics Update seems to have work wonders. The dock is very fast and very fluid now. No more stuttering in Grid View.

Everything else seems to be working just as well as before, if not better.

12. BullBoyKennels macrumors member

As a new user well ok almost a 1 year vet to apple but I still think I'm new cause their is so much more still to be learned. All I can say is Why didn't I come to Apple years ago. I know I was stick looking out the glass.

Things are smother not that I noticed they were not but it does seem better for sure.:apple:

13. drafb macrumors newbie

No Problems so far

Hello!
    Updated to 10.5.2 an iMac G5 17"/2GB/250GB HD w.o any problems so far, As well the newest intel 24" 4GB/500GBHD, AirportExtrem as WiFi.

Can not complain!

Cheers

Axel

14. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

no probs here too. it's just for some reason the update reset some of my settings to default so I had to change them back. but other than that everything looks good, I especially like the graphics update, it seem my display has improved a lot especially after recalibrating my display:D

15. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

16. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I think good comments are always welcome and yes, I too had no problem with the upgrade to my less-than-one-month-old iMac. Download and update took less than 15 minutes and all is well 24 hours later. :)

17. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

it seems like memory usage has been optimized as well. my "inactive" memory has dropped significantly since .2. it used to cache stuff all the way up to 700mb, not any more :)

18. Lucky5X macrumors newbie

It is working a lot better! :) Things such as dashboard, spaces, expose, the dock are so smooth and fast now :)
    Call me one happy Apple Owner :)

19. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

well I never had any issues with 10.5.1 ....I can't think of any bugs that affected me. So for me this has changed nothing....it hasn't made things worse though! Well except for taking away real translucency on the menu bar....I really liked it. :(